Hillary Gets Her Blackbelt.

HOLY ****!! Way to go, Congrats Hillary!

hey Hillary where are you going to go from here? what are your plans for being a black belt?

Very impressive and inspirational. As someone who is light-years behind you, I'll quote a 20 or so year-old blackbelt and came to train with us for a few months. His comment was that "black belt is where you actually start to learn." This is actually a fantastic comment I think (albeit somewhat humbling)

... best of luck to you in the years to come with lots of healthy, happy training and competition

I wish I could get my purple belt. Maybe I should give my back to avoid sidemount like hilary did in competition.

a lot of people play the turtle game. Rather than give up points for passing guard, you turtle and look for sweeps. There are guys like Eduardo Telles, who makes a living off of destroying people from the turtle guard.

I wish I could get my purple belt. Maybe I should give my back to avoid sidemount like hilary did in competition.

Personally I find if you're in bottom side control, the guy on top is going to do his utmost to stop you shrimping in. A lot of the time, I see guys completely blow their tank attempting to bridge and shrimp while the guy on top is just lying there waiting for him to gas. It's easy to say you shouldn't roll the other way and go to your knees, and keep bridging and shrimping, but sometimes it's the only way to escape. Top level guys(and girls!) break the 'basic rules' all the time, because they know when they can and can't get away with it.

Also you do realise how fucking lame it is to be calling out a blackbelt who just won at the mundials when you're a blue who hasn't won shit. Come on bro, that is so pathetic, go take out your lack of ability on someone else.

Congrats Hilary, you definitely deserved it, did everyone proud, you're a hell of a jujitsuka.

Thanks everyone. I had no idea. Friends from texas, Missouri, tennessee, and of course Rodrigo from brazil all came for what I thought was just gona be a Leg lock seminar. I tried not to cry but roli started to (I'm his first black belt) and I just lost it.

wtf..

that fol actually cried

lolol

pansy

wtf..
that fol actually cried
lolol
pansy

You are not a stud or a bad ass.

Until you've poured yourself into someone and seen them succeed (I've experienced this training trial teams for national competition) you have know idea how powerful that feeling is.

Congrats!

Serious question though, is your full-time job training? How do you find the time to do all of that training?

Congrats Hillary, we all knew it would only be a matter of time.

EDIT: Hahaha the prepubescent troll kid got banned.

I can't train full time. I train Mon-Sat about two hours a day, I just drill a LOT. I warm up with armbars, triangles, and kimuras every day. Black belt or not (JC that's weird to say), you need to do them. And I train with my boys, who know how to kill my guard like no other so I have to open up and try new things. I study 8-4 usually so only one training session a day. Breaks of any kind I travel to get new training partners (mock competitions with more mat time, essentially. This is VERY important to learn your holes) and train 2-3 times a day.

Every 3-4 months I have a mental/physical breakdown from everything. I spend a day on the couch eating ice cream and watching South Park. The next day I feel awesome.

I can't train full time. I train Mon-Sat about two hours a day, I just drill a LOT. I warm up with armbars, triangles, and kimuras every day. Black belt or not (JC that's weird to say), you need to do them. And I train with my boys, who know how to kill my guard like no other so I have to open up and try new things. I study 8-4 usually so only one training session a day. Breaks of any kind I travel to get new training partners (mock competitions with more mat time, essentially. This is VERY important to learn your holes) and train 2-3 times a day.

Every 3-4 months I have a mental/physical breakdown from everything. I spend a day on the couch eating ice cream and watching South Park. The next day I feel awesome.

I do this every weekend.

Back