Crime History was made: A.I. controlled F16 engages in mock dogfight with human controlled F16

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- USAF conducts 1st ever dogfight of A.I. controlled F16 vs. Human piloted/controlled F16

Travelling at speeds of up to 1,200 miles per hour, the two jets practised both defensive and offensive scenarios as well as within-visual-range combat, known as dogfighting. At one point they came within 2,000 feet (610 metres) of each other.

Carrying out a dogfight between an AI-powered jet and a human marks a “transformational moment in aerospace history”, DARPA said in a statement.

--

No comment except...

- USAF conducts 1st ever dogfight of A.I. controlled F16 vs. Human piloted/controlled F16

Travelling at speeds of up to 1,200 miles per hour, the two jets practised both defensive and offensive scenarios as well as within-visual-range combat, known as dogfighting. At one point they came within 2,000 feet (610 metres) of each other.

Carrying out a dogfight between an AI-powered jet and a human marks a “transformational moment in aerospace history”, DARPA said in a statement.

--

No comment except...

Amazing, Star Trek predicts the future. Pretty soon we'll be sending our AI controlled planes against their AI controlled plains. And before long why even send the planes and just let the AIs duke it out?

I'm sure there is another movie or two.

Jessica Biel is in that one.
010d9228dfc061e9f73da5f73d3cfa81.gif

first the planes then the AI sending nuke to each other later on

Oh, A.I. fighter jets you say that's excellent!

<{ByeHomer}>

News reported that part of the reason for the high civilian death toll in Gaza stems from Israel using A.I. to indentify targets.

It's called "Where's Daddy"

Amazing, Star Trek predicts the future. Pretty soon we'll be sending our AI controlled planes against their AI controlled plains. And before long why even send the planes and just let the AIs duke it out?

AI control drone jets can be smaller/lethal because now they don't have to worry about keeping a human alive and fresh, no need for life support, additional armor plating and whatever else and can change directions faster than what might cause brain injury to a human pilot. Wonder if the new AI jets are going to look like Robotech or Oblivion.

What date is predicted when they go self-aware triggering an apocalypse? I am so amazed that people went nuts about the ethics and dangers of cloning, but are fine with AI....I would rather bring a Wooly Mammoth back than have a AI war machine.

Back