• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"holiday" is a noun not a verb

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
You don't holiday you go on a holiday or you take the holiday off. This shit pisses me off.

Christmas is a holiday.

You don't holiday on Christmas

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this the other night. After watching ufc 230 at bww I drove by a holiday inn then it hit me. Why the fuck is it called holiday inn? Are there hotels called Vacation Inn in England?

I don't want to holiday in the sun
I want to go to the new Belsen
I want to see some history
Cause now ! got a reasonable economy

See, I always thought Rotten said "I don't want a holiday in the sun".

Last edited:
You don't holiday you go on a holiday or you take the holiday off. This shit pisses me off.

Christmas is a holiday.

You don't holiday on Christmas

Sorry, It is Americans that have butchered the word.

When we can invent out own language instead of shoplifting another cultures, then we can menstruate about word misuse.

I find it interesting how language evolves. A phrase like "needs to be repaired" gets pared down to "needs repaired" instead of needs repairing. Then there are the unnecessary words added in. I'm going to go ahead and get in the car. Get you some coffee.

I be holidaying my ass off on the weekends.

<8>

I find it interesting how language evolves. A phrase like "needs to be repaired" gets pared down to "needs repaired" instead of needs repairing. Then there are the unnecessary words added in. I'm going to go ahead and get in the car. Get you some coffee.
Needs repaired? Never heard that

I think we should move to a language of clicks and whistles.

Back