Holland Goofed Away the Biggest Opportunity of his Career

I understand the gist of what your trying to say,but I cannot accept someone acting like this. This is total garbage behavior. Sometimes we have bad fights,or bad cards and nothing is going to change that,and save the evening...but he is acting like a total fucking clown about it. I didnt get any entertainment out of what he was doing. I was getting frustrated. Even if he got a shitty win in a shitty fight,its better than just giving up and not caring.
The specific reason it wasn't entertaining doesn't really matter imo. If we go into a UFC event expecting the possibility that if it's not one thing ruining the show it's another, we'll have a much better time. I'm not saying you have to condone Holland's behavior or find it entertaining but y'all also don't have to take it so hard. It sounds like a bunch of people were just sitting there, stewing about the performance but still watched the whole fight, even after it became apparent fairly early on that he wasn't going to change anything. That sounds miserable as fuck tbh and I mean, I've been there, for sure. I know how it goes to want things to happen a certain way but at this point, I just can't be bothered to be that bothered by it. I don't want to spend any more of my life being mad about dumb things if I don't have to be.

You’re acting like he didn’t try at all.
Did it look like he just lied down?

Losing to a better fighter does not mean you’re a bad fighter.

The specific reason it wasn't entertaining doesn't really matter imo. If we go into a UFC event expecting the possibility that if it's not one thing ruining the show it's another, we'll have a much better time. I'm not saying you have to condone Holland's behavior or find it entertaining but y'all also don't have to take it so hard. It sounds like a bunch of people were just sitting there, stewing about the performance but still watched the whole fight, even after it became apparent fairly early on that he wasn't going to change anything. That sounds miserable as fuck tbh and I mean, I've been there, for sure. I know how it goes to want things to happen a certain way but at this point, I just can't be bothered to be that bothered by it. I don't want to spend any more of my life being mad about dumb things if I don't have to be.
Well you also have to understand im high on caffeine when i post here so theres also that hahah,but also you know i trained for many yrs,and man,people like that really get a hard time from everyone if they are trying to make a thing out of this. It was weird to see someone at his level do that.

His whole camp he was goofing around, trash talking any chance he got, and generally being a goof.

Tonight he decided to just accept defeat and goof around all night.

He literally didn't even try to get up except the few times he did. He just stayed in full guard being a knucklehead and pissing away the biggest chance of his career.

Not a fan.
Talking and goofing off had nothing to do with Holland losing. Brunson beat him, and would have beaten him even if he kept his mouth shut and acted serious.

Holland’s striking was better, but Brunson’s was good enough to avoid getting KTFO, land enough shots to earn Holland’s respect, and set up takedowns. So Holland wasn’t good enough to win on the feet, got taken down, and couldn’t get up. He may have acted like he was having fun and goofing off, but he was just getting beat.

When have you seen a guy act like Holland act in the ring? And don't say Khabib (because he talks... there is a big difference). I seen a few over the years, and they're all loser mentality type guys. Its like these And 1 bozos playing "basketball", talking about schooling NBA players. You just showing yourself as a wanna be.

Projection man, what your saying is based on nothing. It’s so sad before this everyone can be like wow look how calm he is fighting he can talk like that, and be so at ease during a chaotic scary thing like fighting and when he loses he suddenly is a “loser type” simply because we haven’t seen many others talk or joke like that? Dumb dumb logic.

His showing tonight reminded me of Masvidal vs Usman. Two clowns and two dumb guys, they are.

Well you also have to understand im high on caffeine when i post here so theres also that hahah,but also you know i trained for many yrs,and man,people like that really get a hard time from everyone if they are trying to make a thing out of this. It was weird to see someone at his level do that.
I get that. It made me think if Michel Pereira and all his carthweels and shit but it's whatever. That's the fighter and his team's business to deal with. If I had paid to see the fight, that would be different but all I had on the line was my time and if I had any serious problem with the fight, I could've turned it off and done something else with it.

Holland was just outmatched. His ground game has always lacked.

He’s one of these new wave happy meal “Black Belts”, completely watered down belts these days.

<{cruzshake}>

Except he's not a blackbelt

These are actual people like you but better.

They fight for a living for trash pay and get shit on by people like you for not doing what you think they should do.

Possibly went from being a thing he does to being a gimmick

I so much would have preferred Holland and Khamzat to collide instead of Brunson.

He won't be laughing for sure when he looked in the mirror tomorrow and realized he's lost everything he's worked for in 2020.
He didn't really loose anything, but slowed down his progress, if he rebounds from this, that is.

Like one of the sherdog psychologist already mentioned in the other thread... Holland has a weak mindset/confidence and that was spot-on.

"I'm not as good as I thought I was, so I'll just act like I don't care" -- Kevin Holland

I'm more of a fan of someone who just fights for fun and doesn't really care that much about winning, rather than of someone who just wants to secure a win and doesn't really come to fight.
If he fought with some urgency that would be true but he was content talking shit from his back while trying nothing.

Projection man, what your saying is based on nothing. It’s so sad before this everyone can be like wow look how calm he is fighting he can talk like that, and be so at ease during a chaotic scary thing like fighting and when he loses he suddenly is a “loser type” simply because we haven’t seen many others talk or joke like that? Dumb dumb logic.

Think of any successful professional fighter that pops in your mind. None sit there and talk at the expense of actual fighting. The closest "successful, professional" fighter I could think of would be a guy like James Toney, who regularly talked throughout the fight. However, his talk was never this type of shtick... Toney talked because he wanted to make a point--most of the time, it was to punk the other guy. Another name that came up was a guy like Jorge Paez. Now, he wasn't a talker, but I thought of him because he was also quite a gifted fighter (like Holland is). Paez would clown incessantly, at the expense of figuring out a way to win. I think I remember him fighting De La Hoya?, but many times you would watch this guy and wish he would work to figure out a path to winning. Instead, he clowned around to look competitive. He was never a championship level guy IMO. Holland is like that.

Back