Honest question - what's the attraction with Sean OMalley?

O'malley has won 6 bonus awards since he joined back in 2017, is a striker that goes for KO's. He hasn't beat a ranked high level fighters yet, but still why people want to watch him and I like his fights too. The clown hair or whatever his personality is doesn't matter to me, he looks like a sharp striker and that's why I tune in to his fights.

There is a lot of sad hate in here and now I understand why the world is in such hateful shambles. Malley sounds like a nice guy and is a fantastic fighter. All I am reading is hate on his good deeds and physical appearance.

Sherdog has always been a miserable place where misery lives inside hopeless basement dwellers, neck beards, and cunts who log on.

43.png

Get you some help.

he appeals to the same people conor appealed to
the difference being conor was a better fighter and a way better talker

I’d guess more like 13-18… I’m 25, I couldn’t imagine anyone I know who is my age listening to his podcast or finding him interesting in any way outside of his fights

My little brother liked him when he was like 14 and already aged out by 16 lmao
This. He reminds me of what me and my friend group all thought was funny when we were 15. I used to be a big fan of Tekashi 6ix9ine. We largely outgrew that by 17 or so.

This. He reminds me of what me and my friend group all thought was funny when we were 15. I used to be a big fan of Tekashi 6ix9ine. We largely outgrew that by 17 or so.
Same lol

The 6ix9ine stuff was fun that year he was in his prime, going on breakfast club, going to O Block and calling people out, setting up shootings on camera... he is a clown, but was entertaining at that time for sure haha.

As stated on the first page, he is the Zoomer poster boy.

Jarl

I always find it strange that people question why people would be a fan of a fighter.
Because some see how fabricated a fighters "star" power is by UFC with fighters as Sean. Its kinda sad to see people being sheep. Sage Northcutt was the poster boy for that. Talked about here in the forum as Jesus next coming and champ / top5 in his division because UFC talked him up while everyone with a brain could see his glaring weaknesses. O`Malley is the same with some more talent but not as much by a long shot UFC wants you to believe.

The problem is that UFC management not only embraced someone like O`Malley and handpicks his opponents (why not) but they talk down , cheapen fighters to get there that very much deserve respect and often are the real talented like Chito in this case. Thats whats so infuriating about UFC. The lying about fighters to push others. And that really is unique to UFC. Good example was Chris Cyborg vs Felicia Spencer were Rogan did everything he could to damage / lie about Cyborg. Its this mixture of opportunistic asskissing commentators, with the behind the scenes crap of UFC staff and mindless fans celebrating them for that which is annoying with a fighter like Sean.

He is still a good fighter but compared to the rooster mediocre at best. Thats simply the truth. Munoz was also meant to be handpicked for him while he could be sold as top10. Well didnt really work out that way.

That was O Malleys statement 2 years ago after Chito loss: "“Let’s look at his career in five years, and let’s look at mine. I’m going to be (expletive) world champ, and he’s going to be a (expletive) journeyman. That’s just what his style is" And now look at their careers. O Malley avoided any legit opponents like fire after that (Edgar..etc) but ran his mouth while Chito faced the best, lost to fucking Jose Aldo but racked up great wins in the aftermath. UFC prefers the unproven loudmouths. I dont.

But nowadays if you critizice someone / something most of the times you get labelled as "hater" or hating. Its literally impossible to discuss a topic and be critical without being attacked.

Last edited:
He tries way too hard and apparently some people really like that.

If I wanna bang his girl he's cool with that.
Seems like a likable guy if you ask me.

He’s above average for sure lol, he can KO most BW’s outside of the top 10

I just think once he can’t steamroll guys he doesn’t have any other levels to his game, so he really falls off a cliff against the top 10

So does that make him above average or just average. Your descriptions screams gatekeeper.

Because some see how fabricated a fighters "star" power is by UFC with fighters as Sean. Its kinda sad to see people being sheep. Sage Northcutt was the poster boy for that. Talked about here in the forum as Jesus next coming and champ / top5 in his division because UFC talked him up while everyone with a brain could see his glaring weaknesses. O`Malley is the same with some more talent but not as much by a long shot UFC wants you to believe.

The problem is that UFC management not only embraced someone like O`Malley and handpicks his opponents (why not) but they talk down , cheapen fighters to get there that very much deserve respect and often are the real talented like Chito in this case. Thats whats so infuriating about UFC. The lying about fighters to push others. And that really is unique to UFC. Good example was Chris Cyborg vs Felicia Spencer were Rogan did everything he could to damage / lie about Cyborg. Its this mixture of opportunistic asskissing commentators, with the behind the scenes crap of UFC staff and mindless fans celebrating them for that which is annoying with a fighter like Sean.

He is still a good fighter but compared to the rooster mediocre at best. Thats simply the truth. Munoz was also meant to be handpicked for him while he could be sold as top10. Well didnt really work out that way.

That was O Malleys statement 2 years ago after Chito loss: "“Let’s look at his career in five years, and let’s look at mine. I’m going to be (expletive) world champ, and he’s going to be a (expletive) journeyman. That’s just what his style is" And now look at their careers. O Malley avoided any legit opponents like fire after that (Edgar..etc) but ran his mouth while Chito faced the best, lost to fucking Jose Aldo but racked up great wins in the aftermath. UFC prefers the unproven loudmouths. I dont.

But nowadays if you critizice someone / something most of the times you get labelled as "hater" or hating. Its literally impossible to discuss a topic and be critical without being attacked.
You seeing how fabricated a person's star power is gi especially you the right to criticize someone for enjoying watching a particular fighter? Uhh ok...

Same thing goes for Sage... it's ridiculous that you are going to tell someone they aren't allowed or are wrong or some silly shit because they enjoy watching Sage Northcutt fight. That's some elitist bullshit to the max.

Because some see how fabricated a fighters "star" power is by UFC with fighters as Sean. Its kinda sad to see people being sheep.
I was under the impression that Sean was very popular prior to signing with the UFC. They seem to be capitalizing on that preexisting popularity as opposed to pumping him up artificially. - Is that not right?

I don't like him a great deal. But he is a creative stand up fighter that tries to finish his fights and engages the media well.

The kids of those on here who used to like the Diaz bros have grown up. Much like their parents they enjoy associating their personalities with losers.

Back