Horror movies with bad ass protagonists?

Hold up.

She started out average, sure, but along the way she faces down her demons (literally), saves half a platoon of space marines, goes alone into the alien nest to rescue a child and guns the fuck out of everything in it before soloing the alien queen.

She's everything a horror movie hero should aspire to.
1000%

Shes more badass than alot of the ones listed in the thread,because she doesnt let nothin stand in her way. She went back for Newt when she didnt have to,and hit all them motherfuckers where they live.

I'm not talking about Ripley in Aliens. She was kind of a bad ass, but she was more "average" person.

Chuck fucking Norris did a horror movie in the 80s where he was the protagonist. Something more along those lines. Maybe Predator with Arnold.

Well, it's pretty hard to pull off a horror where the protagonist is a self-sustaining badass. Horrors are meant to focus on the powerlessness of the hero and pressure crushing down on them. That pressure and powerlessness dissipate if the protagonist is someone who is dangerous, brave, and confident in their independence.

Predator pulled it off by keeping enough of the action genre at its heart and using elements of horror to create a villain terrifying and mysterious enough that it just might be able to handle the most kickass man society could create.

Actually, Predator is probably more of a horror movie if experienced through the lens of the Predator monster. Motherfucker was trapped in the jungle with a tight-knit, skillful crew of killers being led by a guy who throws pipes through chainmail armour and who can somehow be so independently manly he doesn't even need a woman to bear his own child.

Love me some Sidney from scream but the new screams make Sam look like the ultimate badass final girl .
Even more so with her being Billy’s daughter. She is halfway to being a killer herself. (I mean did, but you know what I mean)

Last edited:
John-Carpenter-Vampires-5.jpg

My man

Back