How are you going to feel, if after Nov. 13 that your likes received will start at zero again?

How are you going to feel, if after Nov. 13 all your likes received will start at zero again?

• Total voters
I guess I got bored here. I still love some of the posters but when I check in, I mostly just read a little and like and leave.
Hang out on any other forums ya could recommend?

Likely starting a new job so big changes all around.

Do you think we could just take them away?
We can but the community is split on whether or not it’s beneficial. Personally I think it can drive interaction, make people feel like they’re more involved in the community, and can be nice for building relationships with posters you really appreciate.

The side B, is that it promotes shitty posters rushing to front pages an empty posting, it promotes people taking drastic, angry, or exceptional takes to “stand out”. It can also promote derailing, and some posters who strictly pursue likes can be exceptionally annoying and pointless.

All that being said, this never was and never will be “my call”. It has a lot more to do with what the owner of the website wants.

Admins are saying they're resetting post counts this time, too.

They tried to do away with likes once before, didn’t work out well.

another reset to add to my sig :(

I'll be happy to see the suffering of all the noobs that are talking about post to like ratios without knowing about the like apocalypse...

We can but the community is split on whether or not it’s beneficial. Personally I think it can drive interaction, make people feel like they’re more involved in the community, and can be nice for building relationships with posters you really appreciate.

The side B, is that it promotes shitty posters rushing to front pages an empty posting, it promotes people taking drastic, angry, or exceptional takes to “stand out”. It can also promote derailing, and some posters who strictly pursue likes can be exceptionally annoying and pointless.

All that being said, this never was and never will be “my call”. It has a lot more to do with what the owner of the website wants.
I agree with a lot of what you've stated here and understand its not the call of the mods of course, but I was thinking maybe we can put it to vote and at least send the results to our site administration.

Its not apprant to me that its worth the negatives to have likes, even though I appreciate it when somebody likes my comments

I think you can express appreciation for somebody's post by posting a response that is positive and explaining your take as apposed to simply flicking a like button so that that opinion "wins" the thread or something

I’ll feel absolutely sick to my stomach! All that hard work I put in all those years!

just joking, I couldn’t care less, in fact I don’t even know how many likes I’ve received

Does anyone actually look at the number of likes they have? I always do this shit on a phone. I can’t even see that unless I switch to landscape.

Was here before the likes, I'll be here after the likes... You kids and your trends...

Back