How bad would prime BJ have beaten Conor?

Every time I ever saw BJ fight he got his ass beat.

He would've smashed him and licked the blood off of his hands.

Diego and Joe would likely have put a hurting on present day Conner in the form they were in back then.

Joe as in Joe Stevenson? I don't know about that.

Diego would break Conor with his pace and aggression, especially in a 5 rounder.

And BJ in his prime.. RNC within three rounds.

Penn's boxing was more complete. His wrestling underrated. That pineapple head of his could take Conor's left. And his ground game, well....

Ah yes, the infamous "evolution goes backwards" argument.

The real question is how prime Tank would've fared in todays HW division.

NCAA Penn takes Conor down and strangles him in a round.

Golden Gloves Penn outboxes Conor for a while en route to either a TKO, or a rock and a strangle.

penn...

Probably would have smashed Conor with the quickness if he could take him down consistently.

Standing Conor is better, more calculated, and not so wild.

Bunch of delusional BJ fans up in here he was never the world beater you make him out to be.
BJ won the belt at one of the weakest periods in LW history his only good win was maybe Hughes 1

On the ground BJ would demolish him most definitely, but on the feet i believe mcgregor would have the edge.

Conor would light him up on the feet.

Even a young Machida at HW couldn't "light em up" what makes you think the little manlet conor could?

Conor would have no chance against BJ, even now, much less then. Conor has excellent one-punch power, but that wouldn't benefit him against BJ who's hardly as much as been rocked by a punch and has fought as high as HW.

Not true I think Ali would be the HW champ today. I also think The 86 celtics would win the nba title this year.

Lewis and tyson would have destroyed ali. but what you are disregarding is mma has changed a lot more in the last 8 years than boxing has in the last 40.

Bj would get destroyed by any top 15 155er in ufc as he was. saying that he had many nstural gifts if he was younger with better modern training you nevrr know

I love BJ but I don't see how he would win that fight.

Does anyone think he would beat McGregor standing? Do you actually think he has better striking than McGregor?

How do you expect him to take down McGregor? BJ didn't exactly have the best takedowns and he usually set them up with strikes.

I don't see how anyone could think that prime BJ would beat McGregor. I'm not saying that McGregor is the LW GOAT or anywhere close, but I think this is the absolute worst type of matchup for BJ. I see no realistic way of BJ beating McGregor.

Some seem to live in a dream world where your favourite fighters from back in the days actually compares with today's fighters. Time has passed, the level of skill has increased and I think BJ would still be competitive in FW/LW but he would definitely lose to some of the top guys.

STanding I think it would be competitive, the question is more does BJ get it to the ground? if he does with more than a minute to work I think a finish is likely.

Joe as in Joe Stevenson? I don't know about that.

Diego would break Conor with his pace and aggression, especially in a 5 rounder.

And BJ in his prime.. RNC within three rounds.
I don't know about Joe either, but he was pretty committed to his takedown attempts and if he took Conner down with time left in the round, the chances of a tko or submission are greater than anything else, imo.

Back