How big is K-Pop in your area?

Well combined they double manga..so split it in half it's still neck and neck..not 10% as you claim
Go look it up. Japanese manga industry sales is 5.5 billion in 2020. That is a middle of a shutdown in their country. Global market size for manga is estimated at 10 billion.
  • The South Korean webtoon industry had 1 trillion won ($843 million) sales in 2020.
  • Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, and India were the countries where K-webtoon market popularity was the highest in 2021.
  • The webtoon market size reached $3,673 million in 2021.

Last edited:
These are the dudes who have their own makeup line correct?

Opera Snapshot_2023-01-26_185158_trends.google.com.png
I am not trying to disrespect the Korean Industry.

one day korean and japanese men might stop with that metrosexual shit.

who pushed those standards out there on them? the asian jews mayve?

You must not live in Asia..there is literally almost no interest in Japan here (besides a bit of manga)

From China to SE Asia to South Asia...even in the remote provincial areas they knew Kpop and Korean food
I don't claim to live in Asia. I am just not claiming Korea webtoons is more successful than the manga industry.

You Takeshima Islands or Dokdo Islands?

Not sure if KPop is big or BTS and Blackpink are the main drivers that account for 99% of the popularity. I don't know many Kpop acts but I do know all of BTS and Blackpink songs and I think in the US that's the same case

KPop is big in my home (Singapore).

I would say BTS and Blackpink are the biggest by far but KPop has been big long before those groups showed up. Other groups like SNSD, 2NE1, super junior, big bang, etc were popular many years ago.

I've heard songs by all of those groups on the radio, and I'm not a fan.

TVs? Appliances? I havent bought anything Sony since the 90s

LoL you is irrelevent. Samsung tvs been second class since they refused to go oled till now lol. And their appliances are generally known to be the biggest piles of shit in the market. Try agian.

I'm from Wales - not in the slightest bit popular. Most people here don't even know what it is.

I never knew what is was or it existed before this board. I will say I liked Baby Metal but not sure that qualifies

Ive recently found out about babymetal and what a rabbit hole i went through. Im not even a metal head. But something about the whole package. Its just different but its good. Like rob zombie said " leave it to the Japanese to make death metal cute". Was surprised many death metal bands giving this band praise.

I think its the same with kpop. Its just different, but good. Nkotb in the 80s, nsync in the 90s, one direction in 00s. Kpop now. It was time. Soon maybe it will be arab pop. Who tf knows.

Ive recently found out about babymetal and what a rabbit hole i went through. Im not even a metal head. But something about the whole package. Its just different but its good. Like rob zombie said " leave it to the Japanese to make death metal cute". Was surprised many death metal bands giving this band praise.

I think its the same with kpop. Its just different, but good. Nkotb in the 80s, nsync in the 90s, one direction in 00s. Kpop now. It was time. Soon maybe it will be arab pop. Who tf knows.
I remember being told about Bsby Metal n thinking it was just a joke. Then I watched so e of it and it's pretty good actually. It's something to be seen and heard not just heard imo.

And Baby metal girls are cute AF

Last edited:
I don't claim to live in Asia. I am just not claiming Korea webtoons is more successful than the manga industry.

You Takeshima Islands or Dokdo Islands?
Man let's give it a rest..we're coming from two different perspectives

I live in Asia and here Korean pop culture is way more relevant..Where you live it may be the opposite...Peace bro

A lot of popular western pop and rap music now is fairly low energy and "chill" and I think the booming popularity of Kpop and reggaeton (even taking into account demographic shifts for the latter) is a direct response to that trend because they are both genres full of upbeat music you can dance to without knowing what the hell they are even saying.

Also boy bands are obviously marketed towards teens but you'd be surprised how many superfans of theirs are in their late 20s or even 30s. At least that's what I notice in Florida

LoL you is irrelevent. Samsung tvs been second class since they refused to go oled till now lol. And their appliances are generally known to be the biggest piles of shit in the market. Try agian.
Ok LG then..dont tell me Sony is better than LG tv

It's not, but then again, I don't regularly converse with teeny boppers.

It is lol. Their A95k oled was the best tv of 2022. While Playstation shits all over any single product lg can muster.
Samsung 240 billion in revenue vs Sony 80 billion in revenue last year
Aww..the public doesn't agree with you

Back