How big of mismatch is Anthony Smith vs Alex Pereira?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
The other thread is mostly shitting on Smith so I'm curious: How big of a mistmatch is this? I think Smith is out of his prime but even Prime Anthony Smith wouldn't last too long against Alex and holy shit the guy has 11 knock out losses. He is pretty decent on the ground but idk, I don't see him as strong as Jan who was able to get Alex on the ground. Smith doesn't look like the type who'd muscle Alex Pereira.
Is it this a massive mis match or you'd be surprised?

The other thread is mostly shitting on Smith so I'm curious: How big of a mistmatch is this? I think Smith is out of his prime but even Prime Anthony Smith wouldn't last too long against Alex and holy shit the guy has 11 knock out losses. He is pretty decent on the ground but idk, I don't see him as strong as Jan who was able to get Alex on the ground. Smith doesn't look like the type who'd muscle Alex Pereira.
Is it this a massive mis match or you'd be surprised?
Just go rewatch Smith vs Rakič and how Smith reacted to leg kicks... - Free win for Pereira...

Just go rewatch Smith vs Rakič and how Smith reacted to leg kicks... - Free win for Pereira...
Oh damn, I legitimately forgot about bad his leg kick defense is.
BOOK IT!

So remember like two Dricus fights ago was against Darren Till, given the fact that he’s since starched Robert Whittaker and took the belt offSean while Darren Till is….just gone

Smith has like 1 win over anyone that even still has a career in the sport to present day, the idea that he would be challenging for a title again is laughable
He's #10, Erceg is getting a title shot and is #10. I think Hendo was #14 and recently retired before he got his title shot.

By other thread are you referring to mine? Call me crazy but I think if Smith gets a hold of Poatan he could finish him

Prior to T-Furg Gaethje, Glover vs Smith was one of the more uncomfortable beatdowns I had seen. Smith couldn't handle the old lion, and his student smokes him too.

Prior to T-Furg Gaethje, Glover vs Smith was one of the more uncomfortable beatdowns I had seen. Smith couldn't handle the old lion, and his student smokes him too.
Figgy vs Benavidez 2 was more brutal than either combined imho

Lionheart vs J Hill Trilogy needs to happen and have both fighters retire after the trilogy.
Don't ever let them fight legit fighter again.

Yeah I don’t know what Smith is smoking. Best case scenario is he talks himself into a title shot and speeds up his onset of dementia by 5 years for a few hundred grand
Couldn't disagree more.

Quick ko's are better on the brain than a sustained beating.

Smith is fast becoming Luke Rockhold without the resume. They both talk a lot of shit to try and remain relevant. He was a good fighter but he's losing to both better wrestlers and better strikers now.
People love to talk about how Alex hasn't fought wrestlers and that's true but there aren't any great ones at LHW right now. With Glover's coaching, Alex is likely improving on the ground and in reality, all he really needs is to be good enough to keep fights standing.

Back