How can a pro fighter not have a good jab from Southpaw?!?!?!? This is so aggravating.

imgoinin

Get It In Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
How can a pro fighter not have a good jab from Southpaw?!?!?!? This is so aggravating. I'm an orthodox amateur, and I can rip nasty jabs with my right from Southpaw. Not to mention nasty lead hooks and uppercuts!! FacePalm!!!

Not sure who you're referring to.

But in a battle between a southpaw and orthodox fighter, the jabs are usually nullified. It becomes a battle of who can align their power hand with the opponent's target.

Orthodox fighters are used to fighting other orthodox fighters, and the jab is very important in same-stance fights. That's why the Southpaw has a stylistic advantage vs. an orthodox fighter. The orthodox's jabs, which they usually train a lot, is not as effective. The Southpaw's rear hand, which they usually train a lot, is a lot more effective vs. an orthodox fighter.

Watch Manny Pacquiao or Giorgio Petrosyan. These guys had a lot of success despite not being very good jabbers.

Last edited:
Not sure who you're referring to.

But in a battle between a southpaw and orthodox fighter, the jabs are usually nullified. It becomes a battle of who can align their power hand with the opponent's target.

Watch Manny Pacquiao or Giorgio Petrosyan. These guys had a lot of success despite not being very good jabbers.

Melendez. The jab, lead hook and lead uppercut were wide open! Ughhhh. So frustrating.

Most of them don't even have a good jab in their preferred stances. Could you imagine Jon Jones with even amateur level boxing? When you add the Turinabol, a Jon Jones with amateur boxing experience would have finished DC in the first or second.

Disappointed in these MMA hands as well.

Shaking my head.

Someone lost a lot of money gambling

Melendez. The jab, lead hook and lead uppercut were wide open! Ughhhh. So frustrating.

maybe he had a fucked up leg so it was hard to fight

right handed southpaw here

jabs are a bit more awkward to land versus orthodox fighters

compared to If It were a mirror matchup.

You can still land them and they can be effective, Conor showed this against mayweather to a degree.

It's awkward and the angle is different though, they're not as easy to be effective with.

Because of that, rarely will you see a southpaw fighter prioritize their jab against an orthodox fighter.

How can a pro fighter not have a good jab from Southpaw?!?!?!? This is so aggravating. I'm an orthodox amateur, and I can rip nasty jabs with my right from Southpaw. Not to mention nasty lead hooks and uppercuts!! FacePalm!!!

I thought Melendez fought good Southpaw. Considering leg kicks.

You could see that Stephens was thrown off. Didn't train for a Southpaw Melendez lol

I can't believe some pro fighters can't check kicks.

Back