How can any of you put gsp ahead of khabib p4p all time???

GOAT?

• Total voters
Gsp had title defenses against 0-6 kos, 6-10 alves, Dan hardy, LW journeyman serra, 3-9 condit....his defenses were against subpar comp. The most overrated resume in the history of the sport.

And yes khabib is way ahead of bj as LW goat.

It is pretty telling that I didn't give a shit when GSP retired, but am sad about the lack of future Khabib fights.

And I'm not saying that to shit on GSP, he is an ATG.

Khabib
- beat everyone he's ever fought
- no losses to avenge
- won all but 1 round in his career
- retired after finishing his fight
- complete domination

GSP beat a large variety of opponents in title defenses: Hendricks, Kos, Alves, Shields, Penn, Nick Diaz. He also has at least 6 wins over D1 wrestlers vs. 1 for Khabib. And these were all guys with verified MMA wrestling, not super rusty credentials from 10 years ago.
Kos (twice)
Hughes (twice)
Fitch
Hendricks

Shields and Diaz were bigger submission threats than anyone Khabib faced. I'll grant that Khabib might have been better (or might still be if he doesn't retire). But his resume and number of title defenses isn't nearly as strong yet.

Lol at your biased poll, there is not the right answer is there.
I love Khabib, but he is number 3 or 4, behind GSP and Jones, and myabe Silva.
Prime GSP would have 50-45 Khabib, Khabib struggled to take down D1 Justin when GSP took down with ease D1 wrestlers who walked around at 200+, so Khabib would never have taken GSP down (and if so GSP is good enough off his back to find a way back up).
You guys need to watch pre-torn ACL GSP

Longevity in the sport is important.

If he stayed he could likely surpass and I find his fights far more interesting than GSPs. But what's earned is due and GSP, Silva and Jones (others) still did more imo.

Longevity in the sport is important.

If he stayed he could likely surpass and I find his fights far more interesting than GSPs. But what's earned is due and GSP, Silva and Jones (others) still did more imo.
Khabib and GSP both fought for 12 years...

One retired undefeated, the other didn't.

GSP is better. More defenses, MW champion
Khabib has nothing to be ashamed of though, he's a great fighter as well.

Khabib and GSP both fought for 12 years...

One retired undefeated, the other didn't.

That's not the only thing that matters - GSP fought significantly tougher competition in that 12 years.

It goes like this

Jon Jones
GSP

Khabib/Anderson/Aldo/Fedor/Etc

That's not the only thing that matters - GSP fought significantly tougher competition in that 12 years.
Well that's convenient...

Beat everyone he ever fought
No losses to avenge
Lost only 2 rounds in his career
Retired undefeated.

Other than the undefeated part, isn't that the whole GSP>Silva argument for the fanboys?

So Silva and Jones>GSP then?

Yup, to me anyhow but best thing bout such subjective banter is narrative and personal preference in fights and styles.

not hard to put GSP ahead of Khabib if you use your brain for 5 seconds

Ferguson took a BEATING against Justin. Tony is LUCKY Khabib retired.
Completely different stylistic match-ups, basically the exact opposite of one-another. People really underestimate Tony because of one bad performance after 2 weight cuts that included one moment of Gaethje being arguably saved by the bell before he proceeded to did indeed beat the living hell out of a then unusually drained Tony. I'm not saying Tony would beat Khabib, he certainly wouldn't be the favorite, but to say he's lucky Khabib retired...delusional

Back