How can Diaz upset Woodley?

I could see him landing a clean shot or two and maybe getting a sub in a scramble. The question is whether or not Woodley will go for an exciting fight to make him a legend, which means taking risks. Or if he'll stand on the outside and avoid major conflicts.

If he takes risks and makes it really exciting then something fun could happen. We'll see.

By pressure. All of Woodley's last opponents were unable to really pressure him. He only threw like 4 strikes per round. Diaz will make him work.

One 209 Stockton Slap should do the trick. Imagine he ko's Tyron with a 209 slap, the mma world would melt

Woodley better dominate Diaz, otherwise he will look bad.

Can probably sub from the back... what is more likely is that he keeps coming forward in that Diaz style and making Woodley tire...Which I can see happening quite easily given Woodley's punch output and conservative style for his gas tank.

I will laugh for months if Diaz were to pull this joke off.

Then again... I also hate seeing Diaz win and get more famous off bullshit.<GOT4>

Last edited:
1. Keep the range super close with Woodley backed against the cage.
2. Make Woodley fight at a high pace rather than in spurts (like he is apt to do).
3. Use his good chin and recovery to survive the hardships he will endure along the way.

Not saying that this is easy, but it is the best way for Nate to win.

I suppose he could hit Tyron with some yo momma jokes.

Invite him to dinner and a movie and then stand him up.

It can definitely happen, Diaz pace can tire Woodley out easily, specifically in the clinch and even holding top position and staying busy while trying to avoid subs. and standing Diaz has the advantage everywhere except for power and leg kicks.

I think Woodley could lose a decision by being tentative (as he tends to be) especially with a high output fighter. That being said I think it would end with Nate face down, ass up.

If there is any path to victory for Nate it’s through Woodley gassing. Maybe Woodley rocks him early, tries to put him out, but can’t quite get the job done then had to go three or four rounds with nothing in the tank and Diaz throwing volume...

I don’t actually see this happening, it’s just the best I can come up with.
Exactly what I posted in another thread and its the recipe for victory for nate. He wont knock him out most likely and woodleys known to gas.

Back