How can you make good money without a college degree?

Man I wish someone explained these options when I was young. Didn't know shit about shit other than I had to go to college which I sucked at.
I kinda lucked out in that regard. I did a trade (spa industry) with the hopes of using it to pay for college but it took off so I never needed college. Basically did the complete opposite of most people (most people do or at least attempt college then decide to do trade later)

How can I make good money without a college degree?
Are you opposed to college because of the money commitment or the time ?

The reason I ask is because if it's a concern of time then a lot of these trades even though cheaper still have large time and education requirements.

The most popular option thrown around for example (fire department) in my area requires both a fire certification and paramedic school so you're looking at 2200 hours of decently difficult curriculum just to even apply in most cities

Even my career (spa) both programs (massage and facials) we're 9 to 12 months long each and then you usually need at least 2 years experience to get into a higher end day spa so we're talking minimum 4 years to make at least 80k a year

Yeah if is very strong. It's a competitive field and in my state both certifications are 2200 hours (which classroom hours wise is the equivalent of a bachelor's) and most major cities that will hire and train you will only do so if you have at least an associate's degree.

Plus most fire departments now are basically 90% medical calls so you then have to question can you even stomach going to situations like severe car crashes, drownings, suicides, fall from high heights.....ect

Hard to say without knowing what you do now. However there is a serious demand for developers and you can learn via various sources that are not 4 year schools. Although you may just not have the talent for it

Do you work for Dana White? Those who do are always after more cash

Learn something that's in demand that you like doing, and work for yourself.
If you don't want to learn something, find something that people don't want to do.

I have a landscaping business, which takes knowledge and skill, but I started cleaning gutters as an add on last fall, and I'm making so much money doing it this fall that I've let go of both my employees and all their bullshit.

I charge $99 to clean the gutters on a 1 story house, and $200 for a 2 story home. I'm grossing over $600 a day right now, and my overhead is almost nothing. Like I net over $500 a day doing entry level work with a few ladders, a Blower, and a 100ft garden hose because people are fucking lazy, scared of heights, or too old to do it themselves.

I'll be back to running a crew of fuckups in the spring, but I wish I could just clean gutters all year round and make six figures listening to podcasts all day.

I'm kind of at a crossroads in my career. I've hit a ceiling and can't make much more than I do now. I have people telling me that's the way it is in today's world if you don't have a degree. But I really don't want to go back to school now for 4 years just to make an extra $10k a year. So what options are there? How can I make good money without a college degree?
What do you like to do? I think it's always better to stay close to your passions if possible.

Read, read, read. And read some more. I HIGHLY recommend Brian Tracy. Network. Hang out with rich, ambitious people.

Above all, solve problems. Someone said that it's about doing what no one else is willing or able to do. Partially. It's MOSTLY about solving problems. Show me a rich man, I'll show you a problem solver. The larger the scale of the problem, the greater the reward.

What are some problems you see? What is it that bothers you? Work on THAT and you will make more money than you can imagine.

Yeah if is very strong. It's a competitive field and in my state both certifications are 2200 hours (which classroom hours wise is the equivalent of a bachelor's) and most major cities that will hire and train you will only do so if you have at least an associate's degree.

Plus most fire departments now are basically 90% medical calls so you then have to question can you even stomach going to situations like severe car crashes, drownings, suicides, fall from high heights.....ect

A friend of mine is a firefighter and he had to seriously work his ass off just to qualify.
He passed the physical part easy, but like he said to me..."The physical part isn't even half of what you have to do."

Now when he talks to me about it, he sounds like a fuckin war vet.
It's a crazy job snd it takes real guts to do it sir.

Fire department pays pretty good if you can make it.
Can confirm. Clock low six figures with OT in the right town or city. Especially if you can still find ones with pensions.

Basically just need to learn EMT/Medic stuff

I love it. I am also half crazy and half stupid so it works.

I'm kind of at a crossroads in my career. I've hit a ceiling and can't make much more than I do now. I have people telling me that's the way it is in today's world if you don't have a degree. But I really don't want to go back to school now for 4 years just to make an extra $10k a year. So what options are there? How can I make good money without a college degree?

How much money are you currently making?

Trades, but I guess you still technically need a post-secondary education for those.

As others mentioned, truck drivers can have decent income too if you don't mind the schedule.

When you get a job work your ass off and make an impression. Many jobs and companies are full of slackers and complainers. Don’t fall into their trap of just getting by.
Bust your ass and you’ll get noticed and moved up even if a client or another company notices you. Or a former co worker will remember you when they have a new opening.

th

Back