How close are we to just calling Ngannou the GOAT HW?

Ecstasy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's gotta be ATLEAST Top 5 at this point right? If he wins the title he's easily Top 3, defends 1-2 times and he's probably the greatest HW we've seen in the sports history.

Heavyweight is shallow

Not going to be easy for him

Nobody to really fight

Blaydes, Cain, JDS, and Jair is a better 4 straight then Fedor

Once he goes undefeated for nearly 10 years and 30 fights

He's a long way from it with Stipe and DC around. He's an amazing striker though.

Needs to beat Stipe and defend the title 3 times

edit:

to be the UFC HW GOAT

Jones is not leaving LHW anytime soon.

this guys spot on tbh
If dc adds Stipe and DC to his resume is yh HW GOAT and it’s not close
This would be his record
  • Dc
  • Stipe
  • JDS
  • Cain
  • Overeem
  • Blaydes x 2
  • Rosentruk
  • Arlovski
I like DC a lot but Francis must get the next title shot. It would be injustice if he doesn’t

Not close at all. Stipe made him look like shit bc Ngannou is a one trick pony.

He is moving close up on Bob Sapp!

dude has crazy power, no discrediting that.

seriously though, that might've been the ugliest blitz I've ever seen. effective, absolutely, but damn he just made Wilder's wild swinging look tame lol

Not gonna call someone a goat that never won a title. There's time though.

The only disappointing thing is that if he gets past Stipe - there is really no impressive name left to conquer. I guess Blaydes is that but if your best two names on your resume are those two, it's really not that impressive.

Lol man. Easy with the GOAT talks. Like it or not, Fedor had 10 years of dominance giving up size. Stipe has like 5 defenses.

Ngannou has never held the title and got outclassed by Stipe (who's still the active champion, hello?). Someone not willing to brawl and with some wrestling has good chances to shut him down, this has already been shown.

Insane KO, but let's just calm down.

He's a long way from it with Stipe and DC around. He's an amazing striker though.
Amazing striker? I wouldn't even go that far. It's his power that's truly amazing.

It really shows how GOOD stipe is.

Calm down buddy, if he still has that power later on into the fight and is able to beat Stipe clean I might consider him a part of that discussion.

He needs to beat Alistair, Cormier, and Stipe.

Back