How come Jon Jones won the Dominick Reyes fight by unanimous decision, instead of split decision?

whileswimming.idrink

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With much controversy regarding the scorecard, I thought if someone would won it is by split decision. What really happened here?

I think first 3 rounds can be scored to Reyes

14 media members scored it 48-47 Reyes (66.667%)
vs
7 media members scored it 48-47 Jones (33.334%)

upload_2021-3-19_9-1-31.png

Because people have retard brain
Reyes won Rd1 even though it was close
Round 2 and 3 are close and can be called either way or even 10-10 if you're a sociopath
4 and 5 are Jon's

B/c 3 moronic judges scored it for Bones instead of 1 or 2 moronic judges
2 judges gave 2 rounds to Reyes
another judge gave only 1 round to Reyes.

Given how controversial the fight is, this is rather one of the oddest scorecard.

2 judges gave 2 rounds to Reyes
another judge gave only 1 round to Reyes.

Given how controversial the fight is, this is rather one of the oddest scorecard.
Not really since it wasn't the same round and one judge gave Jon 2-5
If anything it says the fight was very close but Jon edged out a 2 and 3 while winning 4 and 5 across the board like Reyes did in rd1

I guess running from your opponent for 2.5 rounds after having success for 2.5 rounds wasn’t the best look for a challenger. It would have been a lame title change either way. I kind of want the guy to take out Jones to actually take him out. These fan losses in close fights where Jones isn’t slightly hurt aren’t very satisfying. It would be nice to see him get properly dethroned.

Jones last 3 title defends seem a little surreal all in all.

I wonder how well Jones could do with now peaking Blachowitz that had beaten Reyes rather decisively

look, I aint saying its right......but.....if your goal is to dethrone one of the greatest, GOATiest, undefeated champions in the history of the sport...you gotta reall beat that ass.

not win an uneventful split decision.

I guess running from your opponent for 2.5 rounds after having success for 2.5 rounds wasn’t the best look for a challenger. It would have been a lame title change either way. I kind of want the guy to take out Jones to actually take him out.
Reyes doing so well and had Jones running from him. But Reyes is inexperienced in 5 rounds fight I think. Jones winning all in all defensively, even his wrestling threat is no longer there.

Because Texas doesn't use the New Unified Rules of MMA.

In other words, it was subjective what the scores were based on. Out striking your opponent is not important in Texas if your opponent walks forward and stands in the middle of the octagon. Unless a judge changes his mind and decides it is. But in Jon's case they figured he must be winning because he's in the middle of the cage.

look, I aint saying its right......but.....if your goal is to dethrone one of the greatest, GOATiest, undefeated champions in the history of the sport...you gotta reall beat that ass.

not win an uneventful split decision.
Yea, split decision to get a belt definitely doesnt feels as good. Aljo parading the belt had me cringing too

Jones wrecked TF out of reyes. those idiot cokehead "journalists" are just a bunch of haters.

Reyes doing so well and had Jones running from him. But Reyes is inexperienced in 5 rounds fight I think. Jones winning all in all defensively, even his wrestling threat is no longer there.

Yep I agree. I’m not sure if he’s just so bored and complacent he no longer uses it or something else. Santos is easy for anyone to take down. He was one legged and Jones choose to spar it out instead. Look at how many times Santos has been taken down and by who........ Jones not using his wrestling is the new Aldo not using leg kicks.

Back