How did Rory lose ?

I got up right after the fight and turned the tv off. I knew Rory won big and didn't need the "official" decision. What a surprise when I opened SD this morning.

That was the most surprising MMA scorecard of 2021, hands down, maybe ever. Can anyone think of a bigger robbery than the one I just witnessed? At least Rory is still inn the play-offs, but of course the loss goes on his record.

Terrible decision. The only one that came to mind is Diego vs Kampmann but honestly I haven’t seen that fight since it happened and I can’t remember if it was as bad or if I’m just remembering Sherdog complaining

LOL, damn. Back to work Monday i guess
Oops, sorry, I goofed. I was betting $5.00 on Rory to win - which of course he didn't do - not Tibau. So a $5.00 bet on Rory would have lost you $5.00. If Rory had won - at -560 - there would have been a $5.89 (your 5 + 89 cents) pay-out.

If you had bet $5.00 on Tibau to win - which of course he ended up doing - at +600 odds, then that would have payed out $35.00. 6 to 1 odds, 6 times 5 = 30 plus the 5 you bet.

Here are an assortment of bookie odds before the fight:

upload_2021-6-18_21-17-47.png

Last edited:
Oops, sorry, I goofed....here are an assortment of bookie odds before the fight:
View attachment 861930

I was betting $5.00 on Rory, not Tibau. If you had bet $5.00 on Tibau to win at +600 odds, then that would have payed out $35.00. 6 to 1 odds, 6 times 5 = 30 plus the 5 you bet.
Great explanation! Still.....back to work either way tho:(

Scoring system needs improvement. Fans need to pressure the situation likewise fighters. Need a consensus on how we want victors decided. I like Pride style, not rounds. Overall effective offense with submission and significant strikes , closeness to finish, then overall strikes , control . Fighters running away should lose control weighting for score. TDs with no strikes , no sub threats = limited control a good guard can neutralize. Leg kicks are tough. Some work others checked and back fire as kicker hurt more than checker. Need to reduce point fighting, it is less entertaining and less likely to lead to decisive win , instead more disappointments. Unfortunately this is fight entertainment so fans should influence what we want. The commissions are ?

Tibau landed the more significant shots. It was a very close fight, in no way was it a robbery.

Chase Beebe vs Mike Easton is easily one of the worst ever. For two rounds Chase was on Easton's back for almost the entirety of both rounds and hit him and had submissions attempts and Easton did nothing but take damage.
This is the fight I think of when someone says another fight had the biggest robbery ever.

Rory is not the same fighter anymore. He probably did win this but he is way to tentative now and brings this on himself

Wait I turned the tv off after the fight. Did they actually give it to Tibau? I mean I wouldn’t say Rory “won” that fight but Tibau didn’t either .. neither guy did much but I guess Tibau did land some hard shots

If we score by punches landed, I didn't count, but I'm confident Rory outlanded Tibau. Someone said it was 3 to 1 in terms of landing, so that's a big margin, that said, Tibau seemed to put Rory in really bad spots, there were a few times Tibau landed and pressed forward and Rory clearly reacted in a skittish manner, almost panicky, but not quite. In the later rounds, Tibau tried to square up and Rory hopped on his bike, it almost looked like avoidance. In this sense, I can see how someone less clinical could vote for a Tibau win, that said, nobody really won and if I had to choose a winner, I'd pick Rory for ring generalship.

Tibau landed the more significant shots. It was a very close fight, in no way was it a robbery.

It was more a controversial decision than a robbery in my eyes.
A robbery is more like landing a takedown, landing punches on the downed opponent, bloodying him and then out striking him for four more rounds. This fight was not like that.

Well that's quite the exaggeration.

You clearly don't frequent the heavies.
Yeah. You’re right. I don’t even frequent this site much anymore. Mainly because of the newer members who post crap like the one I quoted.

Back