How did you get here???

Learned about the ufc first event vhs and it was forbiden in my country (mma still is to this day) i sought more information about it and felt on sherdog.com first time was on 1999 but i got two lost account both emails adress and passwords over the years and one banned for fighter bashing(he was found positive shortly after but the mod who did it was on a ban frenzy)

I randomly bought a PRIDE KOs DVD. I thought it was cool but didn't look more into it. Then I noticed a FOX Sports PRIDE show that Glazer and Trigg hosted. It was on a bit before the UFC buyout happened. After watching more and more, I became very intrigued and started looking for stuff on my own.

I would then come on this site to use the Fight Finder and eventually decided to check out the forums.

Can't remember how I found Sherdog. Probably typed "MMA forum" or "MMA news" or something on google, and it came up.

I seem to remember registering because I had something terribly important to write about Chuck Liddell. Like how he was over the hill, or how his ground game was a weakness or something. Pretty sure it changed the way people viewed his whole career.

Must have lurked for quite a while before that. I distinctly remember reading threads about Liddell-Silva as it happened, so I've been around in spirit since at least 2007.

Last edited:
At some point after online poker's Black Friday, I heard that you could still play on Bodog.com. Only I got "Bodog" confused with "Sherdog" and I was a casual MMA fan so I took a look and...etc., etc.

I believe I read about Sherdog in the book "A Fighter's Heart" by Sam Sheridan. That book that got me into MMA.

good question TS, honestly I dont remember... I had 2-3 accounts that got banned until I finally learned to keeep my nose clean... so from my actual join date it was probably 2 years before that I started

So people actually do get banned? What for?

I've seen loads of hair-raising shit on here and sort of figured the ban threat was empty.

I was watching a Ken Shamrock highlight vid on Limewire and I saw a sherdog logo on the vid and checked it out.

my other fight forum died. . . mmatko .com I should have been here way earlier but oh well.

I don't quite recall but I think it was through fight finder. I lurked probably for 2 years before I started this account.

I was on a small forum transferred and I asked where I could find records of fighters, and was told about this place.

I was watching a Ken Shamrock highlight vid on Limewire and I saw a sherdog logo on the vid and checked it out.

Ah, Limewire. So many memories.

And to answer the OP, I had been coming here for many years to check news, gossip, etc and watch MMA related videos . Then I got bored one day and signed up to the forum. I liked the forum layout, posters were nice and plentiful, and there is a lot of subsections for various discussion.

Last edited:
through crave online. also whenever you search for a fighter profile in google the 1st site that will appear is sherdog

Ah, Limewire. So many memories.

And to answer the OP, I had been coming here for many years to check news, gossip, etc and watch MMA related videos . Then I got bored one day and signed up to the forum. I liked the forum layout, posters were nice and plentiful, and there is a lot of subsections for various discussion.

Sounds about right.

Back