How did you score Gamrot vs Tsarukyan?

Who did you think won?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its just baffling that a guy who had zero effective grappling, and was knocked down and ate heavy shots all night won this. its going to be interesting to see the media scores

The problem was he got knocked down but wasn’t really hurt and immediately finished a TD and largely dominated the round.

The fourth was probably Gamrot’s best round overall.

Other than that, he got out kicked but didn’t get outboxed. Arman lit him up with kicks in the first two but was far less successful with his boxing, particularly as he slowed down. A ton of empty double jabs.

Arman had the numbers, but were they really more impactful strikes? Even beside the pace and grappling, Gamrot's jab clearly cut up his eye badly and found a home for his right numerous times near the end, and Gamrot looked much fresher when all was said and done. If we consider this point and then quantify the takedowns + control time, giving Gamrot the last 3 is not too far-fetched at all. In any case, both fighters deserve immense respect from fans for a great performance

I thought Arman 4-1

I guess the judges didn't get the memo that damage>control.
It is difficult to respond in a constructive manner. Armans face was busted up and he was looking for a way out since round 3.

I've had last 3 rounds for Gamrot, with the first two being dead close.

Really close fight, don't hate the decision but I'll need to rewatch to really have an opinion. Regardless of winner or loser Guram vs Damir and Gamrot vs Arman were two insanely high level MMA fights. It's why I watch, not to see low level slobberknockers.

The problem was he got knocked down but wasn’t really hurt and immediately finished a TD and largely dominated the round.

The fourth was probably Gamrot’s best round overall.

Other than that, he got out kicked but didn’t get outboxed. Arman lit him up with kicks in the first two but was far less successful with his boxing, particularly as he slowed down. A ton of empty double jabs.

Exactly. I thought Gamrot's punches late were more effective and damaging than Arman's kicks. He visibly hurt him and damaged him in the standup. He also won the grappling handily in the late rounds. Which won him the fight.

i thought arman won 3-2, was very surprised with the decision. i thought if they gave it to gamrot, it wouldve been a SD. anyway it was a phenomenal fight, cant wait to see both guys moving forward, they beat a lot of higher ranked opponents imo.

gamrot might be the best european grappler in the ufc

It was close, but I thought it was a clear Armen win.

The problem with the judging in this sport is the inconsistency. On one card, takedowns with no damage are rewarded, but on the next one, they don’t count for anything. If Gamrot’s takedowns with no damage were sufficient, then why isn’t Taila Santos the champion?

Every week there’s a different criteria.

Third round was the decisive round. Could go either way.

But was it the round Tsarukyen dropped Gamrot?

3-2 Arman

I dont count takedowns that lead to nothing.

Damage > everything. That is how a round is scored. Submissions also can be scored similarly to a big strike as they are both actions that contribute to a finish.
Every round of Arman vs Gamrot was close and very competitive. But Arman landed more impactful strikes throughout the entire fight. Per the rules he should win without controversy. If there is to be any controversy it should be with the rules.

Both were scoring points for a decision so its not the worst the world, that said I had it for Armen 3-2. Close fight.

I thought Gamrot won the last three but I started getting pretty drowsy the last two rounds.

Arman showed he had a decisive weapon in his feet in this one. Gamrot did everything he could as a veteran to stay competitive as possible but I could have scored it even 4-1 Arman based on those kicks.

Right or wrong, judges tend to favor head strikes more than body shots, and Gamrot was continuously getting the better of the boxing exchanges, along with the clear wrestling advantage.

It was as close of a fight as you'll see, though

A robbery is a fight where a fighter wins by virtue of winning a round or multiple rounds that there's no argument for them winning.

Based on the scoring criteria, which values effective striking as most important, with damage being the indicator of who was more effective is judged, there's no argument for Gamrot winning the 4th. A close fight that could go either way is Kattar/Emmett. The 2nd round was razor thin.
I watched the fight. There were several toss up rounds. I wouldnt be upset with the fight going 1 way or the other. But calling it a robbery is just not accurate. I swear to some people, its the extreme or its nothing.

Back