How did you score Round 1 of Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3?

How did you score Round 1 of Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3?

• Total voters
Couldn't this have been posted in the other thread discussing the scoring?

No controversy at all on the scoring. Just a lot of noise from Conor sympathizers who are at least glad it ended on Dr stoppage as opposed to a Conor tap out or KO of Conor.

If that's not a 10-8 i don't know what is. Dustin hurt Conor on the feet, hellbowed him into oblivion (im actually amazed Conor survived that), unleashed a second storm of GnP, broke Conor's leg and finally tee'd off on him to close the round.

Clearest 10-8 ever.

If there were 3-5 more seconds left, Herb would have stopped it, but it would still have been considered a doctor stoppage because of the power of Conor. Conor would have said "It wasn't the punches reigning down whilst I was in fetal position, it was me leg..."

The round ended with Conor in the fetal position taking shots as Poirier reigned over him. Herb looking closely to stop it.
How on earth is that anything but a 10-8?
The fight was seconds away from being called off....

not that it matters, I just found some people’s insistence on a 10-9 rather strange.
There isn't any controversy.

Just Conorcockgobblers desperately trying to make their mancrush look better.

10-9 For me. Conor is lucky it didn’t get stopped during the gnp though.. But that’s why Herb is there, to protect the UFC’s interests!

I wouldn’t call it a controversy, I’ve just seen rounds that were way more one sided get scored 10-9

I think it’s more of a discussion about how bad and different judging criteria is for each judge.

The fight could easily have been stopped in the final seconds of the round. That generally leads to a 10-8 but 10-9 is fine too.

And honestly, does it even matter? Everyone agrees Poirier won the first round.

Can we make this a transparent poll in which you can't change your vote?

That way I can block all the trolls who vote for Conor.

Simple question. The official Sherdog scorers did not hand in their tallies because the fight was over as soon as we saw McGregor's ankle give way. As the official Sherdog Play-by-Play guy, I would have scored the round 10-8 to Poirier, and I'm not sure how my two editor colleagues scored it in our panel.

Of the three cageside judges, Derek Cleary and Junichiro Kamijo scored R1 10-8 for Poirier, and Sal D'Amato scored R1 10-9 for Poirier.
View attachment 866869

What say you? Was the first round of Poirier-McGregor 3 a 10-8 round?
Poirier clearly got the better with GnP, but Conor clearly had put in work on fighting off his back, and did score from the bottom with elbows and upkicks and did a decent job limiting the shots he got hit with, so not 10-8.

10-9 but would have no problems with 10-8. Great round for Poirer.

Simple question. The official Sherdog scorers did not hand in their tallies because the fight was over as soon as we saw McGregor's ankle give way. As the official Sherdog Play-by-Play guy, I would have scored the round 10-8 to Poirier, and I'm not sure how my two editor colleagues scored it in our panel.

Of the three cageside judges, Derek Cleary and Junichiro Kamijo scored R1 10-8 for Poirier, and Sal D'Amato scored R1 10-9 for Poirier.
View attachment 866869

What say you? Was the first round of Poirier-McGregor 3 a 10-8 round?

A
When a fighter is in survival mode or is dominated while taking damage I would give it a 10 - 8.

B
But if dominated yet no damage taken..10-9

Problem is when both fighters put each other in situation A during one round. Then its, who took more damage, who had it worse? ...I think in these situations, who ever you call the round for, it should be 10 - 9. I personally think the one who inflicted greater damage with the hands gets the 10-9...not who maybe landed more.

Everybody seems to be giving a 10-8 for things that happened AFTER the leg break when Dustin had 10 seconds to tee off on the injured Conor. Which is ridiculous considering the fight would've ended before any of that if Herb was paying attention.

The fact that we're pretending the fight ended at 5:00 minutes is frankly ridiculous. Officially it did, but the fight was over when the leg broke. Not when Herb finally noticed.

Up till then, it's a clear 10-9. Conor did plenty enough for it not to be a 10-8.

10-9 poirier
I understand the 10-8 score.
I, just like what I think the judges thought was that poirier dropped conor at the end of the round.
It wasnt until I saw his foot flop and the replay to understand what actually happened

Back