How did you think Khabib v Conor was going to go?

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Personally I thought Khabib would win but Conor’s left is always an equaliser so I thought if he connected enough early he may get a TKO.

During the fight I thought Khabib was dominating until the third round when I thought Conor did well and the tide was turning. I actually thought Khabib may have gassed himself out. He proved me wrong the following round and the rest as they say is history.

I still say what I said a few years ago before the fight. Conor would get worked an lose then win the re match. Sadly there is likley not a rematch as Conor went off the fucking rails n Khabib just gives no fucks.

It’s always funny to me, Conor actually looked bigger then I expected. I’m aware he is a pro athlete but I guess with the narrative that’s built I didn’t expect him to be as muscular/athletic as these guys actually are.

the skills showed on the night but the idea that Khabib was too big and powerful got into my head before the fight I guess.

Expected khabib to dominate with conor having some offensive moments. I never quite bought in to the "left hand" and thought conor would have his good moments en route to being submitted, I also expected this to end via sub in khabibs favor

Pretty much how it went. I did expect Conor to stuff more TDs tho. And atleast try to push the pace more at the start of the rounds. Also I was surprised how effective Khabibs striking defense was.
Its always easy to say afterwards tho. I also dont like Conor at all, but i do believe a rematch would go differently.

Loved the sport for a couple decades, but I didn’t follow the sport at the time so naturally I assumed Conner.

the past several months I’ve been watching every weekend and you know what? I’m still going to be wrong more often than not.

Initially predicted Khabib, shortly before the fight had a feeling Conman was gonna get the KO and that was my prediction.

I didn't know who's going to win. I know that Conor's verbal attacks got into Khabib, but Khabib turns out to be one of those guys that gets more focused when they're angry. I was biting my fingers when Khabib engaged Conor on the feet, shit was fucking intense.

Personally I thought Khabib would win but Conor’s left is always an equaliser so I thought if he connected enough early he may get a TKO.

During the fight I thought Khabib was dominating until the third round when I thought Conor did well and the tide was turning. I actually thought Khabib may have gassed himself out. He proved me wrong the following round and the rest as they say is history.
Pretty much exactly like it did except for the illegal knee buying Conor another 7 minutes instead of Khabib getting the sub in round 2.

Expected Conor to get a KO but he wasn't motivated for the fight so Khabib won

Wasn’t sure of the outcome of the fight but I definitely expected them to shake hands afterwards

I didn't know who's going to win. I know that Conor's verbal attacks got into Khabib, but Khabib turns out to be one of those guys that gets more focused when they're angry. I was biting my fingers when Khabib engaged Conor on the feet, shit was fucking intense.
Conor seemed more gotten to than Khabib. "yez blue lips,fuckin rat bla bla bla" :: throws dolly ::
Khabib is just like:

Back