How do you currently rank the following MMA fighters on a 1-10 scale in terms of overall abilities?

Robert Whittaker 9
Luke Rockhold 8
TJ Dillashaw 8.5
Conor McGregor 10
Cody Garbrandt 8.5
Henry Cejudo 8
Max Holloway 8.5
Dominick Cruz 8
Tyron Woodley 9
Wonderboy Thompson 9

How would Conor McGregor be a 10?

He got taken down multiple times by Diaz. Obviously Khabib, Kevin Lee and basically any LW could take him down and destroy him on the ground.

His striking is good but his grappling defense is not good enough to put him at a 10, which would be like Fedor or GSP who had very few weaknesses.

Assume you meant Mendes? Diaz took him down once in over 30 minutes. His takedown defense has gotten a lot better and we don't know how he'd fare on the ground now as we haven't seen it in a long time and in the meantime he had been working with Dillion Danis so I'd suspect its better than people assume.

Robert Whittaker 8
Luke Rockhold 8
TJ Dillashaw 9.5
Conor McGregor 9
Cody Garbrandt 8
Henry Cejudo 8
Max Holloway 9
Dominick Cruz 8.5
Tyron Woodley 8
Wonderboy Thompson 7.5

Assume you meant Mendes? Diaz took him down once in over 30 minutes. His takedown defense has gotten a lot better and we don't know how he'd fare on the ground now as we haven't seen it in a long time and in the meantime he had been working with Dillion Danis so I'd suspect its better than people assume.
Diaz took him down once in the first fight with a body lock I believe and then at the last minute of the 2nd fight he tripped Conor to the mat. I believe he also sprawled and took top position when Conor shot in for a takedown in the first fight so technically he had 3 takedowns on Conor.

Mendes took Conor down many times but no shame in that because Mendes is a great wrestler.

It is the Diaz takedowns that are concerning considering Nate does not have anywhere near the wrestling skills of some of the other LWs.

Diaz took him down once in the first fight with a body lock I believe and then at the last minute of the 2nd fight he tripped Conor to the mat. I believe he also sprawled and took top position when Conor shot in for a takedown in the first fight so technically he had 3 takedowns on Conor.

Mendes took Conor down many times but no shame in that because Mendes is a great wrestler.

It is the Diaz takedowns that are concerning considering Nate does not have anywhere near the wrestling skills of some of the other LWs.
What do you make of the first two rounds in both fights? Do you think it was as simply as Diaz utilizing the so called Homer Simpson fight plan or do you think there were other tactics Diaz used successfully to wear him out as McGregor did with Mendes>

For the 1-10 scale, with 1 being typical local level scrubs in low level promotions that attract crowds of 15-20 and a 10 being St Pierre or Jon Jones at his best, how do the following fighters rate for you?

Robert Whittaker
Luke Rockhold
TJ Dillashaw
Conor McGregor
Cody Garbrandt
Henry Cejudo
Max Holloway
Dominick Cruz
Tyron Woodley
Wonderboy Thompson

Why exactly that fighters? You pick Cejudo but not Mighty Mouse? Makes no sense. No Heavies?

In terms of overall fighting ability?

Robert Whittaker - 7.5
Luke Rockhold - 8.0
TJ Dillashaw - 6.5 (including 2-point manlet deduction)
Conor McGregor - 5.0 (including 2-point manlet deduction, would be 1.5 points higher if psychological warfare is included, lack of ground game and cardio endurance hurt him)
Cody Garbrandt - 6.0 (including 2-point manlet deduction)
Henry Cejudo - 4.5 (including 3-point extreme manlet deduction)
Max Holloway - 6.0 (including 2-point manlet deduction)
Dominick Cruz - 5.5 (including 2-point manlet deduction)
Tyron Woodley - 8.5
Wonderboy Thompson - 6.0 (was 2.0 points higher before he decided to be an apprehensive point fighter prior to the fighting Rory MacDonald)

How would Conor McGregor be a 10?

He got taken down multiple times by Diaz. Obviously Khabib, Kevin Lee and basically any LW could take him down and destroy him on the ground.

His striking is good but his grappling defense is not good enough to put him at a 10, which would be like Fedor or GSP who had very few weaknesses.
All true. I gave him a 10 based on the OP and it basically being about the crowd they can draw. Besides all the antics and bottle fights and funny one-liners; I honestly think his style alone is must see tv.

He is a counter puncher who constantly comes forward and initiates offense. Most counterpunchers can be boring because they don't initiate or keep coming forward and when matched up with another counterpuncher we get treated to a game of slapsies where nobody's will open themself up to be countered (woodley & thompson). I love Woodley and Thompson both but I ranked Conor higher because his fighting style means he will probably never be in a boring fight if can prevent being taken down.

[QUOTE="emax,

Robert Whittaker-8.5
Luke Rockhold-8
TJ Dillashaw-9.5
Conor McGregor-3.5
Cody Garbrandt-8
Henry Cejudo-8
Max Holloway-9
Dominick Cruz-9
Tyron Woodley-9
Wonderboy Thompson- 8.5

For the 1-10 scale, with 1 being typical local level scrubs in low level promotions that attract crowds of 15-20 and a 10 being St Pierre or Jon Jones at his best, how do the following fighters rate for you?

Robert Whittaker 9.5
Luke Rockhold 7.5
TJ Dillashaw 9.5
Conor McGregor 8
Cody Garbrandt 8
Henry Cejudo 6.5
Max Holloway 9.5
Dominick Cruz 7.5
Tyron Woodley 8.5
Wonderboy Thompson 8

8 and up.....why even have 1 as an option when all these guys are past the local show with 10-15 people watching?

You named some of the best dudes the org has

Robert Whittaker 9
Luke Rockhold 8
TJ Dillashaw 9
Conor McGregor 7
Cody Garbrandt 7
Henry Cejudo 7
Max Holloway 7.5
Dominick Cruz 7.5
Tyron Woodley 8
Wonderboy Thompson 9.5

Robert Whittaker - 9
Luke Rockhold - 7
TJ Dillashaw - 10
Conor McGregor - 6
Cody Garbrandt - 9
Henry Cejudo - 7
Max Holloway - 9
Dominick Cruz - 9
Tyron Woodley - 7
Wonderboy Thompson - 7

Robert Whittaker 9.5/10
Luke Rockhold 8.5/10
TJ Dillashaw 9.5/10
Conor McGregor 8/10
Cody Garbrandt 8,5/10
Henry Cejudo 8/10
Max Holloway 9/10
Dominick Cruz 9/10
Tyron Woodley 7.5/10
Wonderboy Thompson 8/10

Robert Whittaker
Luke Rockhold
TJ Dillashaw
Conor McGregor
Cody Garbrandt
Henry Cejudo
Max Holloway
Dominick Cruz
Tyron Woodley
Wonderboy Thompson
Whittaker - 8
Cockhold - 8