How do you feel about Butter on Burgers?

butter goes well with steak and bread in general so yeah, why not?

Shake Shack is the only place that does this.
Butter doesn't go with Burgers imo. Tastes like cholesterol overload.
How about you? Do you like it?

Nope. Culver's has been serving butter burgers for twice as long as shake shack has been open. It really does add some good flavor to the burger. I usually put a slice of butter on my steaks after pulling them off the grill, it's a habit I picked up from a steakhouse I go to alot.

butter jams arteries. It's slick fat that creates blockages.

It's not healthy particularly on sandwiches

I don’t know if that’s true or not…. Maybe it is, maybe it’s not.

But I was talking about diabetes. Does eating butter cause diabetes?

Find it gross as hell. Especially the amount these places put on it. Went to Culver's and got one. The butter would run out everywhere, and added this slick film to everything. Pass.

Save it for the steaks where it can absorb or roll off.

Butter and toast the brioche ALWAYS.

Don't ever rest the burger with butter on it though, no real reason why not.

it makes a difference between good and great, it is a must have item IMO. dont do burgers often, but when I do, a buttered toasted bun is just as important as the type of bun.

Butter is better for you than the processed seed oils that find their way into everything including imitation butter…..and it tastes infinitely better. A buttered bun with a burger is great and butter basted steak is phenomenal.

Eat more butter boys, don’t be scared. Only skinny twinks and fat cowards are afraid of butter.

every burger place toasts their buns, some use butter some dont.

Culver's is known for their Butter Burgers, so it isn't just Shake Shack.

They are damn good too... every once in a while.

If you've got the right fatty mince to make juicy burgers I don't think you need butter, especially if you have cheese on it too.

That said I can't believe the amount of sugar Americans use in their BBQ. Some rib recipes have brown sugar in the rub, then you add more brown sugar when you foil the ribs (and butter) and finish off with basting in BBQ sauce. Said BBQ sauce is usually sweet enough to use on icecream.

If you've got the right fatty mince to make juicy burgers I don't think you need butter, especially if you have cheese on it too.

That said I can't believe the amount of sugar Americans use in their BBQ. Some rib recipes have brown sugar in the rub, then you add more brown sugar when you foil the ribs (and butter) and finish off with basting in BBQ sauce. Said BBQ sauce is usually sweet enough to use on icecream.
People are so addicted to sweets here. Corn syrup is in nearly everything they can fit it in. Ketchup on everything, BBQ sauce where the main ingredient is corn syrup. It’s so gross. Like not everything you eat has to be sweet.

Although a sweet rib recipe I use has BBQ, soy, and maple syrup. It’s delicious but I mainly opt to have a salty and savory when eating meat. Or spicy. Out of all the common meats I think pork goes the best with something sweet. Candied pork belly is great.

Shake Shack is the only place that does this.
Butter doesn't go with Burgers imo. Tastes like cholesterol overload.
How about you? Do you like it?

fuck i just watched that entire video and now I've got a serious desire for a large great burger (or two) and there's none nearby.

Damn you.

Reactions: Gio
People are so addicted to sweets here. Corn syrup is in nearly everything they can fit it in. Ketchup on everything, BBQ sauce where the main ingredient is corn syrup. It’s so gross. Like not everything you eat has to be sweet.

Although a sweet rib recipe I use has BBQ, soy, and maple syrup. It’s delicious but I mainly opt to have a salty and savory when eating meat. Or spicy. Out of all the common meats I think pork goes the best with something sweet. Candied pork belly is great.

I think that would work well. I tend to use Australian BBQ sauces anyway, they're a bit more savoury, works better for my palate.

Jack in the Box hd that butter burger. i had it once and hated it

May as well deep fry it after embedding some cheese in it.

Back