How do you feel about Eclipse Chasers?

My eyesight is terrible tbh and I have ADD but I can understand how more visual oriented people get a kick out of it.

I would never spend money or chase shit like this, but since im in PA and will have perfect viewing, im going to watch. Luckily i have some Welding hats and goggles. No money spent here.

I feel nothing.
Its their time and money, and they dont hurt anybody,
If this is an interest you want to pursue do it.
I guess its better than sitting swiping on tinder or make dance videos on TikTok.

More people should have hobbies / interests that get them to go outside.

People like @jeff7b9 are cool how they doing it. If your going solo and spending money on a flight your a nerd.
Thank you sir.
<RomeroSalute>

I will report that we are off to a wonderful start. My daughter and I hit the road at the crack of noon, got to the farm around dinner time, played a game of chess during dinner then hung out by the bonfire.

There are a bunch of cool people here.
I met a few musicians whilst hanging out around the fire and we are going to jam tomorrow in the barn.
(They keep a bunch of instruments and amps here and they run a small radio station. I brought some of my harmonicas with me and of the several keyboards here 1-2 of them are keyboards of mine that I donated to the farm music program, so I'll have familiar gear to play on.)

If there is time I may try to squeeze in a kayak mission on the lake tomorrow.

Life is good.

Weather is looking promising.
Mostly clear blue sky on the way up. Occasionally a few clouds but nothing to would really take away the effect to the eclipse and the darkness.

Screenshot_20240408_001326_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240408_001244_Photos.jpg

Thank you sir.
<RomeroSalute>

I will report that we are off to a wonderful start. My daughter and I hit the road at the crack of noon, got to the farm around dinner time, played a game of chess during dinner then hung out by the bonfire.

There are a bunch of cool people here.
I met a few musicians whilst hanging out around the fire and we are going to jam tomorrow in the barn.
(They keep a bunch of instruments and amps here and they run a small radio station. I brought some of my harmonicas with me and of the several keyboards here 1-2 of them are keyboards of mine that I donated to the farm music program, so I'll have familiar gear to play on.)

If there is time I may try to squeeze in a kayak mission on the lake tomorrow.

Life is good.

Weather is looking promising.
Mostly clear blue sky on the way up. Occasionally a few clouds but nothing to would really take away the effect to the eclipse and the darkness.

View attachment 1038293View attachment 1038294
Awesome man. I'm getting kind of jelly of your life in general. Not in a bad way though. Makes me want to strive to be better.

Get some pics of the eclipse if you can and post or pm them to me.

I’m not going to lie, if I had the money and time to spare I’d join them. As it is I’m 2200 miles from where it will appear as a total eclipse, so way too far to make a day trip of it in my car, but if I was only say 500 miles away I would have taken the time off work and driven to check it out for sure.

I’m going to watch the eclipse tomorrow during my lunch breack (it’s at its maximum at 12:46pm here in Edmonton) but it’s only supposed to cover like 23% of the sun here, so less than the eclipse on October 14, 2023 and a lot less than the eclipse in August 2017.

Just head to Alabama and tell the locals you can control the sun with your magical powers, you'll be made king.

Awesome man. I'm getting kind of jelly of your life in general. Not in a bad way though. Makes me want to strive to be better.

Get some pics of the eclipse if you can and post or pm them to me.
I'll try.

I think I am going to pop my phone on a tripod and maybe edit a time lapse.

same thing as star gazers I guess

I live in the path of where the eclipse is taking place so I'm going to go outside to watch it. But I don't think I would bother to go beyond outside my place to view it.

Total eclipses happen at least twice a year you scrubs. Sometimes up to five. It's a few hundred years when it hits the same spot twice.

A total solar eclipse does not happen at least twice a year.

Just watch it on youtube later if it's not visible at your location <Fedor23>

I wonder how many people the Mayans or Aztecs would have sacrificed with this eclipse <EdgyBrah>

On a cosmic scale I imagine they’re almost unheard of. It cant be common for everything to perfectly line up like our moon and star do. For that alone I think it’s worth appreciating but at the same time I hate how commercialized it is. Nobody ever cares about most celestial events. This type of thing feels phony like people just doing it due to FOMO. Personally I’d only care if I could see it from my backyard. I seen videos, it’s a bunch of people shouting like they’re at a football game. No thanks

No doubt pics from Sherdoggers will rock AND they'll all post them here. PLEASE everyone be safe & respect the safety for your eyes.

Back