How do you feel when you weight cut?

Coach Beast

White Belt
Reaction score
OK, so here’s my position. My normal weight loss has stalled over the last month. Meaning I’m still a few Kgs over my weight class limit for a comp in a week and half. Weighing myself this morning I am 3.6 Kgs (8 pounds) over the limit. I’ve read the weight cutting thread and I’m aiming to follow those instructions to get those 8 pounds off in time (fingers crossed). But I have never cut weight by any form of water manipulation so I’m not sure how I’m going to feel or how much I can get off in this time without resorting to sweating. Stats are 180 lbs 5”6’ female.

Competition is held on the Sunday and I was told by the organizer I can drop by to weigh on the Friday evening or Saturday sometime (have to ring them to confirm).

Now the competition is being held in a city about 90 minutes drive away. My worry is that I am going to feel like shit and won’t be so safe to drive that far. There is the option of renting a room for that night (and using their hot bath to get a bit of extra poundage off) but that costs money and so I would rather not. But if it’s safer I might go for it.

And for some reason people have scheduled an all day lecture on that Friday which is just going to be so fun.

Last edited:
I'm currently doing just a little experimental weight cut right now. I'm not talking about saunas or sweat suits, just limiting my food intake and water towards the end of the week and seeing how much my weight goes down with just that and how I feel after I refuel. Its thursday and I plan on weighing myself friday afternoon, and I am just so tired at work. can barely stay at work currently (go ahead and call me out for checking this site on the clock) This actually pretty much sucks with having to live a real life while making a little cut. I've gone from 164 Monday (tons of water in me) to 159 this morning and am hoping to at least see that below 155 tomorrow morning and/or afternoon.

When I would have to cut anywhere from 1-3 pounds (in wrestling, same thing though) I would feel normal with a minor headache. I would weigh in, eat and after about a half hour I would feel better. From about 4-8 pounds I would feel sluggish and have a splitting headache. It would feel as if my legs were lead and it would take about 90-120 minutes to feel better after eating food (Sandwhiches with waters and a small sugar drink and maybe a snack like a bag of peanuts or cashews).

8 Pounds can be a toll on your body if you do it all at one moment (Like I would.)

Good luck with your weight cut and your competition!

lost interest here

Then there is absolutely no need to comment.

No one can really say how you're going to feel. That's why I always think it's important to do a dry run and see how feasible a weight cut would even be for you.

weight cuts fucking suck. grumpy, hungry, exhausted, thirsty.

weight cuts fucking suck. grumpy, hungry, exhausted, thirsty.

Only if done via starvation. There are smarter ways.

Weight cutting is more strenuous on females, though, biologically. Due to their bodies functioning better with higher body fat percentages compared to males. Getting low (single-digits) can make a few things start to go wrong.

Weight cutting is more strenuous on females, though, biologically. Due to their bodies functioning better with higher body fat percentages compared to males. Getting low (single-digits) can make a few things start to go wrong.

Explain the relevance of your comments when we're talking about water cutting. Her body fat percentage will hardly bulge. And at 180 pounds, she isn't even remotely near single digit body fat. Did you even read the thing?

I was making a general response aimed at PoundUmOut2's general comment about cutting.

That alright with you?

Well, gonna have to call BS on the weigh in 48 hours before competing. Never heard of that.

That said, driving is probably a great thing for someone cutting weight to do-alone.

One of the biggest symptoms of weight cutting in my experience is irritability and crankiness. Best to be by yourself.

certainly easier and harder ways to do it, but those were my end results wrestling lol.

id go no carb/low sodium 2 weeks out and cut 10-15lbs. it got easier but was never enjoyable. i hear salt baths can do wonders but i havent cut weight in 4 years so im lacking experience at this point.

I cut about 12 lbs over a weeks time. So far it hasnt made me feel sick. The 48 hour thing is weird though. I would prob do better at those since I usually only get 5 lbs back by the time i roll.

Back