How do you go on a 0-7-1run in the premier organization! Updated!!

He's one of the few fighters who has actually praised his pay, UFC probably doesn't want to let someone like that go

His also paid fairly well considering his losing so many fights.

To be fair his known for putting it all out there and while losing a lot, they have in general been pretty close. It does feel his time for the cut is coming however.

He’s still there to set the record for most losses in a row so BJ Penn doesn’t have it anymore
Kind of ruined his chances on that a bit jamming that draw in the middle. It's not a win, but it does indeed break the streak of losses.

His also paid fairly well considering his losing so many fights.

To be fair his known for putting it all out there and while losing a lot, they have in general been pretty close. It does feel his time for the cut is coming however.
I always find the narrative that Alvey is an exciting fighter interesting. He's definitely had some knockdown-dragout moments, but he's also spent a ton time waiting around for counters and throwing very little output in fights. Then he gets mad when he's losing and puts it all out there close to the end of the round so people forget everything leading up to that kinda sucked. I usually come away from his fights thinking I just saw a not very good fight haha.

And even the narrative of how close his fights are; they're usually pretty close statistically, but when I'm watching them live they don't seem as close as the numbers show. I mean it's not like they're landslides, but he's lost some splits that probably shouldn't have been splits. But then he gets mad after the decision is read, I'm thinking he's being ridiculous because he rightfully lost the fight, then the stats will show that the numbers were very close haha. The one really close fight I think he had was his win over Villante, which I thought could've gone either way (and had Villante edging).

But hey, if he can manage to hold onto a job, more power to him. I'm not really of the mindset that certain fighters being on roster takes spots away from others that could be in the UFC. They have enough money to sign whoever the hell they want, they're not sitting around passing on folks because they've got Alvey on the payroll taking up funds haha.

Kind of ruined his chances on that a bit jamming that draw in the middle. It's not a win, but it does indeed break the streak of losses.

Still winless in 7 and probably soon to be 8

He drew Da Un Jung, and there was real argument for him winning the Spann fight. With that being said, getting his ass kicked by Marquez and losing to Turman (who's not a UFC caliber fighter) are both really bad.

He's around because Dana seems to really value the guys who want to fight all the time these days. It's also not completely unprecedented. Renan Barao was 1-7 in his last 8 UFC fights. BJ went 1-9-1 in his last 11. Condit survived a 2-8 stretch.

Bc he is available, friendly, honest, doesn’t bitch on social media, fights multiple weight classes, different that 99% of fighters bc he doesn’t play the tough guy role….

His last few fights deserve a few asterisks despite the fact he should probably still get cut

*Poked in the eye repeatedly by Wellington Turman
*Fight of the Night vs Julian Marquez
*Arguably beat Da Un Jung

People underestimate how far a sincere smile can take you in this life.

LOL, if his last half-dozen walkouts are any indication, his smile if far, far, faaaaaar from "sincere". It's cringe-inducing at this point, as he's clearly nervous about his career/financial future, yet literally forcing a smile.

This is why.

sam-alvey-warms-up-with-dan-henderson-backstage-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id632946082

Back