How do you rate Ian Garry's performance? (I was impressed)

Exactly.

Neal was clinching as everyone watching was probably begging him not to clinch.

Why did Neal act so surprised and angry after the decision? Dude, you stalled the fight numerous times to do nothing.
Those guys aren't too bright

I wonder if when his wife gets mad in order to make her happy, he allows her to take deep back shots again from her ex husband since hes staying in the other room. Hes prob stress free over this. She gets mad? Send her to him. Shes happy and hes happy. LOL

That fight pissed me off, if you're going to run that much you need to significantly outstrike your opponent.. the fight was pretty close.

Should have given the fight to Neale on principle.

Rogan was cumming over the 'footwork'. Real footwork is moving and cutting angles and attacking, pressuring your opponent. Garry basically frollicked away the whole fight and occasionally threw a knee / kick.

Garry's kicks and knees are elite. I haven't seen anyone utilize the knees from distance the way Garry does. Garry's cardio is also elite. Garry is good defensively. Neal is a live dog and Garry did what was necessary to win, IMO. Neal kept clinching because he was getting eaten up with Garry's legs and knees.

Is Garry a title contender? I think Garry vs Leon is very interesting.
He reminds me of Leon so much. Good outside striker, with some flaws on the inside.

Both have surprisingly good grappling, but not enough to have it be the main threat.

It's basically the potenital that Till had finally realized from 2 UK based fighters.

They have kinda become the UK blueprint of a fighter, just like Brazil has the BJJ/Muay thai fighters and the US was primarily wrestler boxers.

I think he will have a similar career to Leon and maybe snatch the title but not for another couple years.

Leon is the crisper striker and would win head to head IMO>

That fight pissed me off, if you're going to run that much you need to significantly outstrike your opponent.. the fight was pretty close.

Should have given the fight to Neale on principle.

Rogan was cumming over the 'footwork'. Real footwork is moving and cutting angles and attacking, pressuring your opponent. Garry basically frollicked away the whole fight and occasionally threw a knee / kick.
Those bodykicks were thrown to finish the fight. All credit to Neal as the shots he took would have folded guys like Colby and Usman, who have been hurt to the body previously. Garry was trying to finish, he just wasn't trying to brawl to do it. Neal was the one who needed to lock him down and brawl more.

Those bodykicks were thrown to finish the fight. All credit to Neal as the shots he took would have folded guys like Colby and Usman, who have been hurt to the body previously. Garry was trying to finish, he just wasn't trying to brawl to do it. Neal was the one who needed to lock him down and brawl more.

Neale was pursuing the whole fight and moving forward, Garry was long striding back and sideways the whole fight. It wouldn't have been possible to do that in a ring.

I don't mind a bit of backwards movement, and I like movement / footwork generally, but that was too much for me..

If Octagon control was scored more in that fight, you could have easily given it to Neale.

Either way it comes down to taste, but I feel like most fans would agree with me.

no no no im not done with your wife go back to the cuckshed ian/10

He's obviously good. He beat Neal fair and square. But man he takes running to another level. He ran FAST. He makes Adesanya look stationary.

Well he was smart not to stand in front of Neil for long. Drew him out, pieced him up and took the W.

<mma4>

Fight was decent but not remarkable. He played his hand well.

Neale was pursuing the whole fight and moving forward, Garry was long striding back and sideways the whole fight. It wouldn't have been possible to do that in a ring.

I don't mind a bit of backwards movement, and I like movement / footwork generally, but that was too much for me..

If Octagon control was scored more in that fight, you could have easily given it to Neale.

Either way it comes down to taste, but I feel like most fans would agree with me.
Do you ever watch muay thai or kickboxing on it's own by any chance?
Garry's performance reminded me of a footwork heavy version of striking in those sports.
He was landing big bodykicks and counters and staggering Neal and he kinda rarely had an answer but to run forward and crash into the clinch from being overbalanced.

We are more used to the leaping in and out style of MMA striking, with big shots to the head, so a lot of people think he isn't doing damage. Those bodykicks were high damage and equal to any normal strike to the head and should be scored as such. He was going backwards, but still the one actually landing big fight ending strikes IMO. Yes it's not as exciting as two fighters just standing there and trading wild hooks, but should be rewarded because I guarantee Neal didn't come out of that fight feeling good the following day.

I wonder if when his wife gets mad in order to make her happy, he allows her to take deep back shots again from her ex husband since hes staying in the other room. Hes prob stress free over this. She gets mad? Send her to him. Shes happy and hes happy. LOL
Do you wonder about the bedroom lives of all the dudes you encounter, or do you save that HAPPY kinda thinking for the pro fighters only?

played it safe, used his strengths well, I need to see him against some wrestlers.
This is the first time I've seen him fight

Definitely an impressive striker. No idea what he has on the ground. But for some reason I bet his ground game is less than impressive.
I've been following his career since his Cage Warriors days and I've only seen him grapple once, in his title win against Jack Grant.

Garry had good takedown defense and excellent submission defense, and it was a five round decision win, and he didn't gas at all.

Grant is a natural LW, but he's a legit BJJ black belt and tough as hell, and Garry handled him with ease. That was also years ago, before Garry started training with guys like Jason Jackson and Vicente Luque, and now Diego Lima.

It remains to be seen how his grappling holds up against guys like Brady or even Covington, but I think Garry is taking his career very seriously and is working hard on his wrestling and sub defense.

I don't expect him to be a submission whiz but if he can stuff takedowns, defend submissions, and have a couple of effective subs mastered, with his striking and speed he is a problem for anyone.

It's apparent that's he's better than a gatekeeper.
That's what I thought about it.

Do you ever watch muay thai or kickboxing on it's own by any chance?
Garry's performance reminded me of a footwork heavy version of striking in those sports.
He was landing big bodykicks and counters and staggering Neal and he kinda rarely had an answer but to run forward and crash into the clinch from being overbalanced.

We are more used to the leaping in and out style of MMA striking, with big shots to the head, so a lot of people think he isn't doing damage. Those bodykicks were high damage and equal to any normal strike to the head and should be scored as such. He was going backwards, but still the one actually landing big fight ending strikes IMO. Yes it's not as exciting as two fighters just standing there and trading wild hooks, but should be rewarded because I guarantee Neal didn't come out of that fight feeling good the following day.

I watch muay thai and train it, that sort of approach would be scored poorly in Thailand.

I actually love footwork and movement, but prefer cutting of angles, rotations and lateral movement, not so much into guys who run the whole fight and throw occasional shots - i'm not into wild brawling as you mentioned.

Garry's approach is just a bridge too far for me. But it's within the rules, and some people like you like it..

Do you wonder about the bedroom lives of all the dudes you encounter, or do you save that HAPPY kinda thinking for the pro fighters only?
Lol seriously. All these weirdos airing out their fantasies on a karate forum. There is no actual reason to believe that Garry is a cuck, besides wanting it to be true.

Back