• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

How do you think pre retirement Aldo would do against post Proper 12 Conor now?

Not the way aldo throws them..

Bad kicking form allows u to be countered by straights

Think you're grasping at straws a bit here... But hey, I love Aldo, and since I don't think either Conor or Aldo wins another belt again, I'd like you to be right, as it would make for a way more entertaining fight, and I don't really mind who wins. I'm not seeing it happening though...

He literally just rushed into the Moicano finish tonight lol

Aldo fans just don't get it. If you want to beat Conor using boxing, the worst possible approach are swinging wild hooks leaving yourself open to counters while being a shorter, smaller guy with a shorter reach who gets rocked in every other fight. This is ridiculous, sometimes I think they're trolling.

Aldo beats him, Proper 12 Conor showed absolute garbage striking against khabib.

A wrestler literally gave Conor the opportunity to strike with him and he ended up being the one who got dropped and outstruck LOL

Conor is done, he peaked in the alvarez fight while Aldo has shown improvements in his striking, particularly his boxing.

At LW? Badly, Conor has an easy time find that chin.

Conor beating Aldo was always a fluke. Aldo beats Conor 9/10 times.

He could never beat Conor. He no longer kicks and knees, his main objective is to box up his opponents and that's the worst possible approach against Conor. Even in his prime when he fought Conor his fans were worried and claimed he was gonna LnP Conor remember?
Cmon. That's not true. I don't know who wins the rematch, but no Aldo fan was worried about him going the LnP route. They thought he might try and grapple him and go for a submission.

Who knows how it would go. The first fight was over before we saw how their styles matched up.

No. Aldo had trhe guy hurt and took a while to put him out,all the while being exposed wide for a counter. I like aldo but it didnt show me hed beat Conor,but id love to see the fight

Aldo beats him, Proper 12 Conor showed absolute garbage striking against khabib.

A wrestler literally gave Conor the opportunity to strike with him and he ended up being the one who got dropped and outstruck LOL

Conor is done, he peaked in the alvarez fight while Aldo has shown improvements in his striking, particularly his boxing.

"Giving him the opportunity to strike"... Are you for real? Khabib took Conor down so effectively and with so much ease, that when they were on the feet, Conor couldn't really throw anything with any power. If he was off-base for just a second by opening up to strike, Khabib would shoot in. That's the advantage the threat of a takedown gives you. The fear of getting taken down, and the emphasis to make sure it won't happen, it eliminates so many of the strikers' weapons that in some cases, the wrestler with - in isolation - underwhelming striking can actually have the striking advantage against an elite kick boxer. Because they can't open up and actually strike the way they usually do.

I think aldo would be a little wiser this time round. Let Conor have a taste of what a real kick feels like

"Giving him the opportunity to strike"... Are you for real? Khabib took Conor down so effectively and with so much ease, that when they were on the feet, Conor couldn't really throw anything with any power. If he was off-base for just a second by opening up to strike, Khabib would shoot in. That's the advantage the threat of a takedown gives you. The fear of getting taken down, and the emphasis to make sure it won't happen, it eliminates so many of the strikers' weapons that in some cases, the wrestler with - in isolation - underwhelming striking can actually have the striking advantage against an elite kick boxer. Because they can't open up and actually strike the way they usually do.

Stop making excuses, Khabib could've kept Conor on the ground every round yet decided to strike with him to show off like he did against Al iaquinta. Despite this Mcgregor gassed and got dropped, Khabib literally let him exchange in pure striking and Mcgregor had nothing for him.

Jose fan but objectively I think hungry Conor would slip back with his stance and counter KO him again. His accuracy is insane when he’s on his game.

But Conor is set for life and not as hungry anymore...plus with outside stuff and training camp drama...I don’t know.

Aldo might mentally break him if Conor can’t KO him early. Would love to see Aldo get that win back.

Jose Aldo is a beast, just shows how great Conor is and how great his victory over aldo is especially how easy it was and how easy he made it look.

Conor Mcgregor, FW beast! He needs to go back to FW, he’ll clean up
*lucky

Stop making excuses, Khabib could've kept Conor on the ground every round yet decided to strike with him to show off like he did against Al iaquinta. Despite this Mcgregor gassed and got dropped, Khabib literally let him exchange in pure striking and Mcgregor had nothing for him.

Lol @ claiming I'm making excuses. Khabib is a way better fighter than Conor IMO and will maul him again. I'm a huge Khabib fan. But obviously, Conor is better on the feet if you view it in isolation (taking away the takedown threat). And while I think you're right that Khabib kept the fight standing at some points to make a point, don't confuse his success there with him being a better kick boxer. If the grappling wasn't there as a threat, he wouldn't have that success, as Conor could move more freely and open up without worrying how that affects his balance and positioning. In MMA though, the takedown is a threat, and Khabib is a monster at all areas inside an MMA cage because he is that damn big of a beast with his takedowns.

i hate to say it but i'm not sure it would make a difference. aldo doesn't seem to do well with a reach disadvantage, and conor fights long.

it he had decent fight IQ and / or had TDs then maybe a different story, but aldo boxing with conor is going to looke like aldo against holloway. he's even abandoned the kicks at this point.

Conor is apparently the only guy who's legacy grows when other fighters win.
I really dont understand that, he lost to Khabib in fashion but nobody talks about Khabib about how good he is.

Back