How does Gus have the moral high ground over Jon Jones?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
I don’t care about morality with athletes
With the exception of wife beaters, rapist and murderers

But many of you seem to
Many of you make claims about Jon Jones’ character because of his sorted past

But do we just ignore Gustaffasson? Is the difference between them time? Because severity of crime suggests we should judge Gustaffasson more harshly

Why does Gus get a pass?
is it just youth?

I’m honestly asking

Gus learned from his mistakes and worked to make himself a better person.

Jones continues to make increasingly bad decisions, and never takes responsibility for his choices.

I’m honestly asking
Not just being a PED abuser. The guy had a hit and run with a women. Came back not to help but to grab money. Among other things.

But many of you seem to

But do we just ignore Gustaffasson? Is the difference between them time? Because severity of crime suggests we should judge Gustaffasson more harshly

Why does Gus get a pass?
is it just youth?

I’m honestly asking
what the actual fuck
getting into fights as a teenager is not at all equal to almost killing a pregnant woman and then running away.

Jones is a grown fucking man you idiot.

He doesn't but Jones has a lot of haters

Gus seems genuinely ashamed of his past and grew up. Jones claims he has matured but says he still drinks and parties every weekend and how the pregnant women he hit has a better life because she won 1 million dollars from him.

Jon is not a saint, but he's worlds away from convicted violent felon Alexander Gustafsson. That guy shouldn't be able to get an American visa, ffs. Good job keeping the violent criminals out, Trump.

what the actual fuck
getting into fights as a teenager is not at all equal to almost killing a pregnant woman and then running away.

Jones is a grown fucking man you idiot.
So wait
Causing direct harm to human beings with intent is better than a DUI and unintentional harm?

Also he was 18

He was an adult

Gus learned from his mistakes and worked to make himself a better person.

Jones continues to make increasingly bad decisions, and never takes responsibility for his choices.

True or not, this seems to be the perception.

JJ is under a greater microscope and has displayed more unlikable characteristics and moments.

I don't care about either in their personal lives... They fight in a cage and that is what I want to see. Also. $65 , I am expecting another 25 minute war...

So wait
Causing direct harm to human beings with intent is better than a DUI and unintentional harm?

Also he was 18

He was an adult

Typical anti-law-and-order, anti-American cucks in here defending savage criminal foreigners over an American champ who just has a few foibles. Is normal.

True or not, this seems to be the perception.

JJ is under a greater microscope and has displayed more unlikable characteristics and moments.
The post you quoted was interesting
Because I asked people in a previous thread what Jones would have to do to get back into peoples good graces, I just posed the question and people pretended like it couldn’t be done

Yet people are perfectly able to accept other fighters, like Gus, with a history of violent crime and I just think the difference is interesting

So wait

Also he was 18

He was an adult

I think the discussion is silly, but I would say their experiences is not define their "moral positioning" but how they were effected. Gus has come out a "quiet nice guy" and JJ has come out a "arrogant liar".

I think those labels are cheap and unfair, but it's what we do.

But many of you seem to

Why does Gus get a pass?
is it just youth?

I’m honestly asking

jon jones has never taken steps to improve himself. he always lying and keeps getting into trouble and always is trying to play the victim card.

I don't care about either in their personal lives... They fight in a cage and that is what I want to see. Also. $65 , I am expecting another 25 minute war...

i wouldnt care what jon jones did if there wasnt that whole peds thing.

Back