How does prime crawford stack up against prime Mayweather and Pacquiao at 147?

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know they have the better resumes but something tells me crawford has the skills to hang with either of Mayweather or Pacquiao at 147.

I love Pacquiao to death, but on paper Crawford you'd think has what it takes to beat Manny.

But then again, maybe Marquez just had his number, who knows?

Manny who beat Cotto, wasn't the same Manny who fought Floyd either.

I'm not sure about Mayweather vs Crawford.

I think people would say Crawford over Manny for the same reason why some people say fighter A over Manny, but Crawford might be the best of them all in these hypothetical match up discussions regarding Manny.

But Manny at his absolute peak, you know, would you really wanna bet against THAT Manny?

It's always the same rationale picking against Manny in these scenarios.

The pacman who fought Oscar is one of the best fighters I’ve ever seen, I rank that as one of the best performances ever and nearly impossible to beat by anyone ever at that weight class.

But we didn’t see that Pac-Man very often.

In general, bud should be able to beat both, manny came up from 35lbs or some shit and ended up beating titanium gloved 400lbs margarito, kinda unfair

Crawford is too big for Pacquiao who was in his prime at 130. Pac beat some big guys but none of them were on the same level as Bud. Bud outboxes him and possibly stops him.

Mayweather is a different story. The only advantages Bud has over Floyd is strength and punching power. Floyd has a slight edge when it comes to everything else. I'd take Floyd by close decision.

It was later in Manny's career, but every time Crawford was brought up as a potential opponent, Freddie very quickly dismissed it. He also picked Crawford over Spence.

I think prime Crawford with his switch hitting counterpart punching and good movement would have been a problem, even for prime Manny.

In their primes, I think Manny matched up better vs Spence and Mayweather vs Bud.

Last edited:
I would have liked Pac to fight Spence, I would have given him a decent chance.

I think Crawford is expectionally talented, in the same realm as Floyd and Manny but he is bigger with more power. He actually sizes up well at that division. Manny was fighting out of his optimal weight class and even Floyd probably was too

upload_2023-7-31_8-57-17.png

Destroys both IMO....TC always comes up with a different game plan vs. different opponents...very smart IMO...Floyd had trouble with Zab Judah and Mosley...

Manny too much of a buzz saw and a better athlete with just as much or even more casual power.
Winner by decision.

Against Mayweather, that educated left hand, killer southpaw, long limbs and calm demeanour all are the Philly Shell’s natural enemies.
Add in that size advantage and strong inside game and I say he beats him.
I dunno if he’s a better fighter than Floyd but head to head he beats him 2 out of 3.

I don't know why, but I'm seeing this question everywhere. As far as I'm concerned, prime Pacquiao weighed 126, and prime Mayweather was a lightweight/ super-lightweight.

Both guys ran out of scalps to claim, and wanted to chase bigger purses, so they had to go up. Bud looks like a natural welterweight who wouldn't be undersized at 154.

That being said, at 147, Pacquiao would definitely give Bud trouble with his fast feet and hands. So, 50/50?

For Floyd, I have to go with Floyd via UD. By the time the bell rang, Floyd would know you and what you were going to do, better than you did. He faced the best of the best from 126 to 154, and beat them all. No reason to doubt him here.

The Crawford hype is out of control. Floyd and Manny deserve more respect than this. I'm not trying to downplay what Crawford did, but he only beat Spence. The guy coming a year long layoff, multiple car crashes, and a torn retina.

Destroys both IMO....TC always comes up with a different game plan vs. different opponents...very smart IMO...Floyd had trouble with Zab Judah and Mosley...
Gamboa had Crawford doing the stanky leg. The ghost of Kell Brook was lighting Crawford. Is that worse than "struggling" (lol gtfo) with legitimate hall of famers.

It's 2023 and people are still perpetrating the myth that Floyd has trouble with southpaws. Hasn't been that long since he fought Pac. Or lets look at how much success Marquez had against Floyd.

Crawford has every ability and tool to beat both. Pick 'em fights. Though I'd favor him 60/40 against Manny. Floyd is dead even. Ring IQ is as good as Floyd's

Manny too much of a buzz saw and a better athlete with just as much or even more casual power.
Winner by decision.

Against Mayweather, that educated left hand, killer southpaw, long limbs and calm demeanour all are the Philly Shell’s natural enemies.
Add in that size advantage and strong inside game and I say he beats him.
I dunno if he’s a better fighter than Floyd but head to head he beats him 2 out of 3.
This is a bad take.

First, Floyd doesn’t use the Philly Shell. He uses the Michigan Crab. If you want to see what the Philly Shell looks like, watch Joe Frazier.

Second, Floyd doesn’t use the Crab against southpaws. He uses the high guard. Watch any of his fights against southpaws.

This is a bad take.

First, Floyd doesn’t use the Philly Shell. He uses the Michigan Crab. If you want to see what the Philly Shell looks like, watch Joe Frazier.

Second, Floyd doesn’t use the Crab against southpaws. He uses the high guard. Watch any of his fights against southpaws.

To be fair Floyd used it more once he figured some stuff out. He did well with it against Guerrero and Ortiz, but neither of them are nearly as fast as Crawford

Back