How Does Tito Ortiz Beating Chuck Liddell Change Your Opinions Of Their MMA Legacies? Does It?

Does the result of the fight change your opinion on the fighters' legacies?

• Total voters
It doesn't change my opinion of their legacies, but it does reinforce my opinion that both should retire, especially Chuck.

I think Chuck already has serious neurological damage. He is headed for a wheelchair fast, and more punches to the head will only accelerate that.

Chuck already tarnished his legacy a bit by fighting so far out of his prime and getting KO'd badly on a few occasions, one more nearly a decade later doesn't really change anything. Tito's longevity is pretty impressive, but beating a nearly 50 year old slow ass chuck with no chin doesn't add anything to his legacy either.

The only thing that changes is that Tito gets to say he avenged the lopsided rivalry between the 2 ..... however, every soul who was a fan back then and knows how Chuck a chin regressed 8 years ago - let alone now as a 48 year old ------ knows that what happened Saturday night was just sad and meaningless.

It means Tito took better care of himself. Would that be true if he took the amount of damage thst Chuck did?
Who knows. He may not have retired then, either.
But I suppose keeping his hands up during fights is where it started. He should probably stay away from fighting now too, though, to avoid the risk of taking more damage.

Tito doesn't give a shit if it is a way past his prime Chuck. It is about beating the guy who beat him twice. You could see the pure joy in his face and the anxiety he had going into the fight.

The fight changes nothing.

Coked out glass jawed Chuck is hardly a win at all.

So if Tyson Fury beats Ali tomorrow am I supposed to be impressed?

Neither of these guys are really going to fit into the top 20 LHW's of all time so their legacy doesn't really mean too much.

They helped the sport become mainstream, but against the top LHWs of all time they both failed badly.

Chuck was never as great as he and his fans like to think, he had the weakest competition of any UFC champion ever, as soon as Pride came to UFC he got KO'd fight after fight.

He might be one of the most delusional fighters of all time, thinking he capable of beating Jon Jones lol.

Chuck is a warrior and I love him because he loves fighting.

Tito wanted this because he has a constant whisper of insecurity and thought this might silence it. In reality, he looks weaker and more validation-needy than ever.

It confirms that Chuck was overrated. Chuck's fanboys just don't want to admit that Chuck's ass got exposed........AGAIN

It proves Tito GOATiz was right. He was injured when Chuck beat him. Welcome to the Tito GOATiz Era!

Tito was injured first two.

This is true. Tito's had neck surgery before and after every fight since 2002.

"I had my T2 fused into my T4, T6, T1 lumbar spinal T3, broken neck, T5, broken skull, he poked my eye into my T8..." etc.

Of course not. Chucks legacy was, and still is: one of the best ever who stuck around the party too long... Tito? Gains zero cred for beating the worlds most washed up old man.

Back