How does Usyk v Joshua 3 play out

It wasn't just the Ngannou fight. He showed technical improvements against Wallin as well. If he does revert back to questioning himself after he gets cracked though I wouldn't be surprised. Psychological issues are the hardest to fix.
Wallin isn't much of a puncher though. He didn't have a lot to fear there.

I know but Joshua still looked more technically refined in that performance than he has in previous outings. I think Ben Davison has made a significant difference in that regard. Before hooking up with him Joshua was going through trainers like he was changing underwear. Previously I thought he looked alright under Robert Garcia but not with Derrick James.

Same again or Joshua has improved?

Personally I think Joshua is finding his mojo against less than stellar opposition but who knows, remains to be seen,

Contrarily, maybe Ruiz rattled him and threw him off his game going in against Usyk. Ruiz is a solid boxer and it showcased the limitations of relying on size. There must have been some mental scarring present in Joshua going in against Usyk, something he seems to be trying to life by going for it.

Aside from us nutwits getting roped in by hype I'm not sure what the Nganno win says.
It doesn't.

AJ vs Fury for undisputed after Fury KTFO Usyk with bodyshots.

If Usyk soundly defeats him again I could see AJ retiring or taking one last farewell fight afterwards and retiring.

No matter what I think Usyk beats him if the trilogy fight takes place.
It won't Fury big brothers him. Stops him after pummeling him with body shots.

Undisputed AJ v Fury in the UK. LFG

It won't Fury big brothers him. Stops him after pummeling him with body shots.

Undisputed AJ v Fury in the UK. LFG
Interesting how much real money you are in ready in real life to gamble for such outcome?
Usyk isn't Wallin and hits harder than Cunningham....and is southpaw with good jab.

I will not place real money on this fight.....
Fury isn't Beterbiev and if he will not manage to wrestlefuck Usyk, welcome to reality. ....with wrestlefuck he really does have chances to win on cards.

they should run it back until usyk is 100 years old. maybe then aj can finally beat him. what the hell is that? He lost 2 (clearly both times) and after that beat ngannou, franklin and some other bums. he has no right to fight usyk again. and if he somehow wins its solely due to the fact that usyk is 4 years older and certainly past his prime now (arguably was past his prime even in the first fight). AJ is not getting better, he is the same fighter he was 2,3 or 6 years ago. Usyk gets worse cause he has crossed the tipping point of 35 years of age.

I used to believe that Fury would beat Joshua but not anymore. There's a reason he hasn't been keen on that fight. He's found ways to avoid it for years.
Like Usyk too btw.
Usyk isn't Wallin and definitely is more productive than Wallin or Cunningham and also does have better jab and gas tank than these both.
Usyk had fought vs guys who no one was able to stop in distance nor in ams nor pros, therefore ... his low power mainly was not cos he was unskilled but cos he sacrified power vs mobility. Usyk had balls to visit city where he had to do fight vs tickets seller and afforded to use tram and cafetery without body guards. Ofc he is uncle over the hill and he still does deserve respect. A lot real life respect.

Like Usyk too btw.
Usyk isn't Wallin and definitely is more productive than Wallin or Cunningham and also does have better jab and gas tank than these both.
Usyk had fought vs guys who no one was able to stop in distance nor in ams nor pros, therefore ... his low power mainly was not cos he was unskilled but cos he sacrified power vs mobility. Usyk had balls to visit city where he had to do fight vs tickets seller and afforded to use tram and cafetery without body guards. Ofc he is uncle over the hill and he still does deserve respect. A lot real life respect.
Precisely

Interesting how much real money you are in ready in real life to gamble for such outcome?
Usyk isn't Wallin and hits harder than Cunningham....and is southpaw with good jab.

I will not place real money on this fight.....
Fury isn't Beterbiev and if he will not manage to wrestlefuck Usyk, welcome to reality. ....with wrestlefuck he really does have chances to win on cards.
I think if his weight cut is real it will hurt him. Fury was in his best shape against SS and he fought on equal terms with a super cruiser. The excuses for weight gain have been that he is doing it to protect his chin but while we know that's likely BS you can't really argue that it doesn't help. Fury does not pivot when he moves, he hops. AJ was pivoting in both Wallin and Francis. This is what you use to take down a high guard fighter. Usyk also does not use the high guard rather range and pivoting. They are counter opposites.

Last edited:
If you keep giving a guy a chance, he will end up winning at some point.

The reality is, AJ was soundly beaten twice, despite what the bogus scorecards said to make it look closer. He lost 8 rounds both times.

Why would there be trilogy? It's not like it's 1-1 between them....a 3rd fight with a guy you beat twice doesn't lucrative money wise...

People saying Joshua got his groove back because he beat a bunch of crap fighters after being outboxed and defeated twice by a superior fighter, confuse me.

Any version of Joshua should beat Jermaine Franklin, Helenius, Wallin and Nganou, no matter what kind of groove he is or isn't on, no matter who beat him or didn't beat him. This "epic groove comeback of the ages" shit is simply Joshua beating fighters a boxer of his caliber, physique and pedigree should beat without any issue.

None of what he has shown against those fighters makes me thing he deserves a fight against the man who was superior in every way, twice.

Now if Joshua ups the competition and beats more dangerous fighters, the types of fighters who we aren't sure he could beat or not, then I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight but Joshua does not deserve a fight after losing twice in such fashion.

But how does it play out if it does happen? I don't see Joshua being better than he was in their rematch, he was as good, as focused and in the best shape I've ever seen him in that fight, he was smart, made adjustments, showed why he was a gold medalist, yet still lost.

I can't imagine seeing a better Joshua than that aginst Usyk, what I can imagine is seeing a worse Usyk than that one because who knows what happens vs Fury? Maybe the Usyk Joshua fights again is shot and broken.

I think a trilogy fight would be closer because Joshua has visibly improved since and Usyk has aged even more. At the same time styles make fights. This fight likely won't happen. Usyk will fight Fury at least once and then probably retire.

Eh he’s visibly improved? Hes only looked good against ngannou. Looked pretty shit against journeyman.

Not only that, but wallin was his sparring partner and he’s fought him in the amatuers. He had confidence because he knew him well.

It’s kind of like Garcia and Haney, fighting each other 6 times, Garcia knew what he could do.

Eh he’s visibly improved? Hes only looked good against ngannou. Looked pretty shit against journeyman.
He looked good against Wallin before Ngannou (who is admittedly a novice boxer). Both impressive performances coincide with Joshua changing trainers. He went to Ben Davison. Lee Wylie, a film study analyst, is also part of their team. I already named two significant aspects he's better at now than he was before. So, yeah, he's visibly improved over the last couple of fights.

He looked good against Wallin before Ngannou (who is admittedly a novice boxer). Both impressive performances coincide with Joshua changing trainers. He went to Ben Davison. Lee Wylie, a film study analyst, is also part of their team. I already named two significant aspects he's better at now than he was before. So, yeah, he's visibly improved over the last couple of fights.

Again, wallin was a sparring partner and someone he fought in the amatuers. Joshua had major confidence in their because of familiarity,

Franklin he looked poor. Helenius he didn’t look great until the ko.

Ben Davidson is super technical on film, I do thing he’s an asset. But we’ll see if he’s truly better.

Again, wallin was a sparring partner and someone he fought in the amatuers. Joshua had major confidence in their because of familiarity,

Franklin he looked poor. Helenius he didn’t look great until the ko.

Ben Davidson is super technical on film, I do thing he’s an asset. But we’ll see if he’s truly better.
And? Practically all of these guys spar each other at some point. Even regularly top fighters in and around the same division spar all the time. They also competed previously in the amateurs. Haney & Garcia fought like 6 times there. Tyson Fury was Wlad's sparring partner too at one point. They're all familiar with each other at this level to some extent or another.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that despite Ngannou being a novice he's an awkward fighter. Yet it didn't bother Joshua in the least. It did, however, throw Fury off badly the entire fight and he couldn't even adjust to the guy.

Last edited:
Back