How easy is for you to lose temper? And can you be provoked to the point of no return?

In my 20s (i'm 34) worked as security for shops and much worse for clubs, you need fuckton of patience for that lol

Very hard to lose my temper.
Sort of easy to make me uncomfortable.
Very good at hiding it.

I'm pretty patient but I could see myself having to be pulled off a bloody mess of an unconscious man if he tried to harm my daughter.

I don't really have problems with people, I'm really laid back and mind my business. But if I'm trying to fix something and it just doesn't want to do what its supposed to then that'll set me off.

I can't tolerate people putting hands on me, paticulaly drunk people.

If you mess with my friends and family or bird feeders I'll do my best to kill you.
Disrespecting my momma in front of me sets off some primal rage. Not a place I like being in

The younger me used to have a pretty good temper. Like many, it was a slow boil but a very hot peak if you got me there.

Now there is almost nothing anyone can do to provoke me to real anger short of physically threatening people I care about. Words won't get me there. I just laugh and walk away. If someone is road raging at me I do a big smile and wave and a thumbs up to the crazed person. Few know how to deal with that.

Disrespecting my momma in front of me sets off some primal rage. Not a place I like being in

Don't worry, I always buy her dinner first ;)

I'm sure Mama Sniper is a lovely lady

im very even tempered, anyone says otherwise, they get a smack in the mouth.

I can't tolerate people putting hands on me, paticulaly drunk people.

If you mess with my friends and family or bird feeders I'll do my best to kill you.
This is a great answer

Im pretty good at keeping my composure most of the time, but I tend to let things build up until I explode.

Once I explode I have trouble controlling myself. I could easily beat someone to death or do something terrible. I know this about myself and when I feel myself bubbling over I try to get away from everyone. Its scary when Im mad.

Like most people in this thread, I used to have a really quick and explosive temper. I got into a lot fights in high school, and later at college parties, and then a few bar fights once I could drink. Since about 23, it's mellowed out a lot.

I am and I quote "annoying calm".

I think I can appreciate the value of a sunk cost and not waste energy without future dividend.

I did once get annoyed at two guys who cut me off in traffic, I raised my hand in a what is this shit manner and the driver started going off at me. I turned it up to 12 almost instantly and him and his passenger were sliding down in their seats. Only time I can recall really losing my shit.

Seems like i am more patient and relaxed now than ever before. Two rules that work for me:

Don’t let stuff get to you
Don’t argue with idiots

I've always been really slow to anger. I can really only think of a handful of times I've "exploded" in anger. Even then it comes with cutting/sarcastic remarks, and I end up laughing inside to myself and chill out shortly thereafter.

Back