How Far Do You Think O'Malley Will go?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
His biggest win is against Eddie Wineland - very experienced fighter, although it doesn't mean much in 2020 - the last time he beat anyone who was a name was at the end of 2016.

He has a fight against Vera, who I honestly don't believe is a top opponent/ever will be, and I think O'Malley wins a wide decision.

Will he have a rude awakening against one of the more heavy hitters at BW? I think he probably has bad grappling, we haven't seen it, so who knows?

It is inevitable that he will move to FW, he is tall and will grow bored of cutting.

Will he fare better at FW, than BW? Does Vera have a chance of beating him?

I think he needs a little more seasoning before he faces the top row, but I think in the long run, he can be a Top 10 entertainer who competes for a few titles but never wins any, and sends the fans home happy every time, win or lose.

We'll see how he does vs vera.. if he starches him with ease he might be a problem for some guys.. butbalso theres guy who jus gsve granite chins in the top 5

The guys like 6 foot fighting midgets. I think someone like Frankie Edgar would destroy him with wrestling

i can't stand him, but he does pack power and he knows how to land it.

i think he'll be doing just fine until he faces a strong wrestler, then he'll be getting ragdolled all night.

Chito has never been finished. If Suga can pull off another highlight I say give him a top 5.

Last edited:
The guys like 6 foot fighting midgets. I think someone like Frankie Edgar would destroy him with wrestling
His height doesn't matter he doesn't even cut 20 lbs. He would get ragdolled even worse at 145. 135 is the best spot for his career.

I don’t get the hype on this kid. He’s not special, he’s not spectacular and I don’t see him having ‘it’ like Rogan claims. I won’t be surprised one bit if Vera beats him. -320 favorite seems seems off to me.

He won’t ever crack the top 5.

A skilled 5 11 bantamweight, I say he will be champ one day. The top guys all are 5'7 ish
With those limbs he should be able to stop the takedown and stay on the outside often enough.
Let's see where Usada, hype and drugs bring him.

He becomes champ next year imho. Big guy for the weight class, great power and I’m willing to bet the kid has heart. He deserves a top 10 guy if he beats Chito Vera.

Obviously fighting a wrestler will answer some of the questions that we all have but we have also seen him hurt bad with low kicks. With that said I think he stands a chance against guys like Rivera and Munhoz based on his size advantage. If he gets past Vera I'd like to see him fight Font, if he wins that then within a fight or 2 of a title shot.

Vera’s gonna derail that hypetrain.

Do think the right grappler fucks him up, but I don't think he'll face that guy for a while..

He's currently a Purple Belt and has shown glimpses of decent BJJ in the Quintet Tournament subbing Takanori Gomi, Lombard was too much for him though(Obviously).. He then went on to draw with Black Belt Gilbert Melendez in the next round.
Pretty sure his BJJ surprised a few people here. He has been subbed twice though in his amateur career, once by Armbar once by RNC.

Still too early to know how good he is, but this next fight should be the biggest clue yet in what I think is easily his toughest fight so far.

Back