How good are Rival RB1?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone have experience?

I have been looking at a pair for bag and mitt work.

Also have been looking at Reyes and Winning, but they are pretty expensive.

Last edited:
They're okay. They're extremely overpriced in the UK. Not sure on how much they go for in US and Canada but I don't think you'd want to spend any more than 100USD on them new. Ideally less.

Anyone have experience?

I find them to be okay. Hand compartment is a bit tight with wraps I find. Padding is pretty good. My biggest gripe is the velcro strap is a pain in the ass to deal with when you have both gloves on.

They're okay. They're extremely overpriced in the UK. Not sure on how much they go for in US and Canada but I don't think you'd want to spend any more than 100USD on them new. Ideally less.

In the states they are 100USD.

I was thinking about them, but I wanted to look all my options before doing so.

Anyone have experience?

They're good, great protection and durable.

I prefer the wrist support on the RB2 and RB11 though .

Titleboxing always has a 20% off discount around somewhere so that makes it even more worthwhile .

Edit: title actually has a 25% off code right now that expires 9/30. Code is USEHEART

They're good, great protection and durable.

I prefer the wrist support on the RB2 and RB11 though .

Titleboxing always has a 20% off discount around somewhere so that makes it even more worthwhile .

Edit: title actually has a 25% off code right now that expires 9/30. Code is USEHEART

Thank you. What about the RB11 vs Reyes Extra Padding Gloves? I could get them pretty cheap with the discount

Thank you. What about the RB11 vs Reyes Extra Padding Gloves? I could get them pretty cheap with the discount

Both excellent gloves. I don't know which I would prefer out of those 2. But FYI, titleboxing discounts don't usually work with Reyes brand.

Both excellent gloves. I don't know which I would prefer out of those 2. But FYI, titleboxing discounts don't usually work with Reyes brand.

Yeah the Reyes are excluded. Seriously looking at the RB11.

I loves my RS11, but tbf I've only been kick boxing for a over a year and have limited experience. They are night and day compared to the communal gloves at the gym or the first cheaper pair I bought.

They broke in fast, and not sure how long they should last but holy cow they are durable af.

Anyone have experience?

I have a pair of Hayabusa bag gloves 14 oz. and Rival (same weight). You couldn't go wrong with either. Great padding and fit.

I tried on various Rival gloves today and was very close at buying a pair. But there is one thing that really bothers me about Rival. There is so much material inside the hand that it's impossible to clench a fist. No matter what model, I gotta punch with an open fist. Many brands have this problem in one way or another, but Rival's grip bar is way more bulky. I was wondering if that inhand fabric and grip bar will break in and compress once used?

Back