How good could Jimi Manuwa have been training a martial art from a young age?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We often talk about how good Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, and Daniel Cormier could have been if they'd gotten into the sport of MMA when they were younger. They all got into MMA around 30ish + years old.

However, they've all been practicing the most effective martial art for their entire lives.

Jimi Manuwa? He'd never trained a martial art in his life. He only got into MMA because he ruptured a muscle while lifting weights and couldn't be an awesome weight lifter anymore. He was 27 years old when he started training for the first time.

And after Daniel Cormier leaves LHW, he's a top candidate to become the #1 205 lber in the world. A world champion.

How good could he have been if he'd wrestled since he was 12? Or trained any other martial art from a young age?

Let me check my crystal ball.

In all seriousness it's pretty hard to say

His chin is hot garbage so I'm guessing not much better than he is now.

You're the same guy who responded to my post "Where are all the Thais that should be in MMA?" with "Thailand". I hope you get.. banned . And I'm still liking your post.
But he was correct.

Still would’ve got KTFO, he’s got a trash chin.

glass_jaw_2_by_gradendine-d4zh83i.jpg

Still would’ve got KTFO, he’s got a trash chin.

I don't think it's that simple. Good boxing fundamentals would teach him to tuck that chin in exchanges and good wrestling fundamentals would help him bring the fight to the mat where he is less likely to accumulate damage. He only has 3 losses and 2 were from KO artists. His chin may be trash, but it could potentially be a lot better than it is.

Lol at the glass chin comments after being ko'd by 3 of the hardest hitters at 205...Glover Teixera must have glass chin too I guess if he gets caught by Volkan since he will have 3 ko losses vs same 3 guys...

Also, Jimi woulda had a "better chin" cause he would know how to roll with punches or keep his range better if started younger, for the people saying he wouldn't be any better cause of it.

as good as that chin allows. Wtfs with brits and having glass chins? lol

We often talk about how good Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, and Daniel Cormier could have been if they'd gotten into the sport of MMA when they were younger. They all got into MMA around 30ish + years old.

However, they've all been practicing the most effective martial art for their entire lives.

Jimi Manuwa? He'd never trained a martial art in his life. He only got into MMA because he ruptured a muscle while lifting weights and couldn't be an awesome weight lifter anymore. He was 27 years old when he started training for the first time.

And after Daniel Cormier leaves LHW, he's a top candidate to become the #1 205 lber in the world. A world champion.

How good could he have been if he'd wrestled since he was 12? Or trained any other martial art from a young age?

What if Damien Maia started kickboxing at age 6?

What do you think guys? Discuss

Back