How good is Joe Schilling's Striking Really?

I just realized that the Rockhold fight in KC already happened and Rockhold knocks him out. I remember ever since he debuted he was hyped a lot as being an amazing striker but I've never been impressed. I get a lot of his fights he got taken down and subbed but even looking at his striking it was never something I was impressed with then against Rockhold gets KOd (I get we are talking about a 40 year old.) I'm shocked at how much notoriety he has in MMA/combat sports despite accomplishing nothing. I get his kickboxing accolades and all that but I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about the popularity he got outside of that yet having no sucess.
Schilling is actually well respected where he's from. I have my money on him against 98.9999999% of the world.

Guys like that when sh*t is really real will kidnap your manhood.

Not great. The only reason anyone knows his name is because of Joe Rogan.
Rogan goes on and on about him being a MT world champion. What that manlet fails to understand is that MT world titles in certain weight divisions have no talent pool or competition.

Reactions: CPH
Rogan goes on and on about him being a MT world champion. What that manlet fails to understand is that MT world titles in certain weight divisions have no talent pool or competition.
Yeah, not to mention under what banner? MTAA United States and WBC Muaythai United States. Who gives a fuck? Nobody considers either of those 'world champions'. Lmao. Like Andrew Tate winning some corny ISKA championship and claiming to be a 'kickboxing world champion'.

Yeah, not to mention under what banner? MTAA United States and WBC Muaythai United States. Who gives a fuck? Nobody considers either of those 'world champions'. Lmao. Like Andrew Tate winning some corny ISKA championship and claiming to be a 'kickboxing world champion'.
Schilling claimed he won Stadium title in Thailand. Unfortunately those weight classes are devoid of competition even at those Thai stadiums. It's a far cry from those lighter divisions that are heavily populate with Thai fighters doing it from childhood versus shitty foreigners that picked up the sport at 21.

His heyday was probably close to 15 years ago. He was a regional MT guy who fought at 165-175. He broke into the world stage with a win over Kaoklai. He had a rivalry with Simon Marcus and he came up short. He slowly moved up in weight to 185. I believe he is known now for being the sparring partners for Diaz bros and cowboy. I don't really keep track of his MMA career. I seen the fight where he got trounced by the Japanese/French karate guy.

Personally I think he is skilled but not exceptional. I think for a short time he was somewhat the best representative for MT/Kickboxing for America. America isn't good at MT and his weight class were dead weight classes. I would even argue 185 at the time isn't great either.

then against Rockhold gets KOd (I get we are talking about a 40 year old.) I'm shocked at how much notoriety he has in MMA/combat sports despite accomplishing nothing. I get his kickboxing accolades and all that but I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about the popularity he got outside of that yet having no success.
Rockhold is 39 and a shell of himself as well. So it's pretty impressive he KO'd Schilling, whose only skillset was striking, while Luke's biggest MMA asset was grappling, particularly subs and GnP. Luke had good kicks when he was younger (I'm guessing injuries took them away) but his boxing was mediocre at best. I think the last KO with his fists before Schilling was a chinless Jardine like 12 years ago.

Rockhold KOd the guy with more of a glass jaw at this point than him. Always good seeing Schilling KOd since he likes attacking people in public

I think a lot of his platform just came from his connection to fighters like the Diaz bros and Cerrone

Back