How good was Richard “Math-Ace” Franklin?

Ace Ventura was fucking amazing back in the day. He ran into the next evolution/generation and wasn't the same anymore.

Cbs sports has bisping , unbelievably, at #3. They're not the only ones( who have him highly ranked). Michael Bisping is the high end epitome of " timing and circumstances " of this sport. Hes the absolute product of that and IT WOULD be rather transparent if not for the rockhold fight where coach p had Michael follow through - in perfection- to Luke's glaring weakness which got worse over time and an enormous middle making one helluva laborious weight cut.

Theres a flip side to the coin of your final sentence . It's a shame that people cant transcend the talent of a prime Rich Franklin. Who knows ?
* again, coming from a guy who admits Rich is probably not even in top 10 middle of all time.

However , HOWEVER....in todays shite middleweight division , outside izz and Rob - who knows where rich would be in pecking order( same for Dan).

I'm done debating the trivial difference of your opinion ( as in the actual gap).

Are you fucking guys nocturnal? ....and if so , what do you do during the day. I get on here when I can then I have to play catch up at days end or the next day.

WTF ?

OK, you can go sit at the children's table - now.

I dont know about cbs sports...Bisping is not top5 all-time under any consideration, unless maybe balls or warrior spirit becoming champ with one eye.

Neither is Franklin with his 8-4 record in the division best win Okami in a close dec. Period. Go ahead and tell me who are the best wins in Franklin's career to give so much credit as you do.

Regarding being nocturnal, Im not American. We have different times. I understand Rich is an inspirational role model for many of you Americans but I take his accomplishments in the cage for what they were, no more no less.

BTW you should stop downplaying Wanderlei so much. We all saw a way declined version of him giving prime Rich all he could handle.

I dont know about cbs sports...Bisping is not top5 all-time under any consideration, unless maybe balls or warrior spirit becoming champ with one eye.

Neither is Franklin with his 8-4 record in the division best win Okami in a close dec. Period. Go ahead and tell me who are the best wins in Franklin's career to give so much credit as you do.

Regarding being nocturnal, Im not American. We have different times. I understand Rich is an inspirational role model for many of you Americans but I take his accomplishments in the cage for what they were, no more no less.

BTW you should stop downplaying Wanderlei so much. We all saw a way declined version of him giving prime Rich all he could handle.
Now your coming across desperate and dumb. I never called Rich top 10 ( are you ok ? ) .
Everyone knows how i feel about bisping - I was making a point.

And ,lol, a past it rich ran circles around a past it wanderlei.... twice ( outside 35 seconds ).
If you call that prime rich, we should stop now. " all he could handle " .
....and I'll tell it the way it is . Dont tell me to take it easy on anyone.

What do u want from me , layman?

I dont have to go through opponents because I've already stated Dan had the better career and where I honestly put both in pecking order. Stop debating the gap.....its futile and now you're coming across desperate to get some trivial opinion across and switching topics that I have no part in.

The more you discredit Rich, the more you discredit okami....lol.
This is why the UFC isnt the win all be all and neither is fucking PRIDE .

I gotta go .... I have responsibilities. I'll catch up later . I'd rather not excoriate you with more responses.
Let it go and look up the word futile .

I've never had a more mental challenged debate in my life( I dont mean that in a good way) . I'm agreeing with most of the initial except for the last 10% and that's because you dont know what you're talking about. Now- you're going in all different directions ????

Gotta go.

Now your coming across desperate and dumb. I never called Rich top 10 ( are you ok ? ) .
Everyone knows how i feel about bisping - I was making a point.

And ,lol, a past it rich ran circles around a past it wanderlei.... twice ( outside 35 seconds ).
If you call that prime rich, we should stop now. " all he could handle " .
....and I'll tell it the way it is . Dont tell me to take it easy on anyone.

What do u want from me , layman?

I dont have to go through opponents because I've already stated Dan had the better career and where I honestly put both in pecking order. Stop debating the gap.....its futile and now you're coming across desperate to get some trivial opinion across and switching topics that I have no part in.

The more you discredit Rich, the more you discredit okami....lol.
This is why the UFC isnt the win all be all and neither is fucking PRIDE .

I gotta go .... I have responsibilities. I'll catch up later . I'd rather not excoriate you with more responses.
Let it go and look up the word futile .

I've never had a more mental challenged debate in my life( I dont mean that in a good way) . I'm agreeing with most of the initial except for the last 10% and that's because you dont know what you're talking about. Now- you're going in all different directions ????

Gotta go.

hahaha

Im not the one who pretended that Franklin eats in the same table than such a legend as Dan Henderson. I'd never pretend Okami to be in that table neither.

No need of pecking orders. No need of futile gaps. They just dont sit in the same table, period.

Neither UFC nor Pride were the win all be all but there is a reason why Bustamante vacates his UFC belt to go fight for Pride.
Pretend to be blind about it. Call it an anecdote...and dont let anybody questioning the pedestal of your American posterboy

Reactions: HHJ
Coming from you, this is what makes me feel warm inside. You probably know little about the arts but you put balls and intimidation on a throne. Young Vitor put an early end to the way I look at W. Silva.
You go and do your thing with wanderlei along with the rest of his army of sheep.

Stay in your lane , bitch. I see you on here with copious amounts of time and you still dont understand or evolve as an avid mma follower.
swatting-slap.gif

hahaha

Im not the one who pretended that Franklin eats in the same table than such a legend as Dan Henderson. I'd never pretend Okami to be in that table neither.

No need of pecking orders. No need of futile gaps. They just dont sit in the same table, period.

Neither UFC nor Pride were the win all be all but there is a reason why Bustamante vacates his UFC belt to go fight for Pride.
Pretend to be blind about it. Call it an anecdote...and dont let anybody questioning the pedestal of your American posterboy

WTF are you going on about - my #1 is Armenian/ Dutch ..... and half my half dozen are not american.

If u believe Dan is that better than Rich than that's on you...... if I considered that " reasonable ", I wouldnt be doing this childish back n forth with u.

Again, I'm a Henderson supporter and I've posted nothing incredulous about Rich so any bias you THINK I have towards Franklin --- ????
In fact -alot of Rich fans are probably not happy with me as I'm telling it the way it is .

Good response.
Getting loquacious with me( via posting) would not end well... the funny thing is that I wouldn't take pleasure in it.
I know it is your innermost desire to get my attention,so thank me right now. What is in your farcical imaginary criteria that makes a great "mmartist" and why doesnt Wanderlei the long time undefeated champion not pass muster?

Ace Ventura was fucking amazing back in the day. He ran into the next evolution/generation and wasn't the same anymore.
What exactly made Rich “amazing”? His striking? His wrestling? His BJJ?

What exactly made Rich “amazing”? His striking? His wrestling? His BJJ?
His 50-43 of David Louiseau. Being able to work at most distances and have a plan to funnel things back to his bread and butter; a long distance kickboxing fight full of body kicks and straight punches.

Not the greatest genetics or talent but the guy went out there and gave it his best and you have to respect that.

I remember Anderson Silva showing a TON of respect to Rich and mentioning how he was the guy that he respected the most.

To go from math teacher to UFC champ is awesome and I don’t care what era it was in. Great competitor and seems like a good person too.

Today he'd be top 3

Him and Bobby is a toss up. Izzy most likely KOs him

If we look at the previous division he'd be top 10 not sure where though

Yoel
Luke
Chris
Machida
Jacare
Mousasi
Franklin
Kelvin
Kennedy
Bisping

Something like that though I could see him beating Chris and Luke. Better striking and maybe good enough grappling plus strong/big enough to negate their wrestling

Franklin in his prime would beat Costa, Vettori, Kelvin, Holland, Hermansson, Till, and many more current MWs

Would have been top 10 during any era we've seen so far.
Shame we didn't get Franklin vs Bisping/Rockhold/Till/Gastelum and Whittaker.

UFC MW division was kind of weak when Rich became champ (beat Tanner). Pride had some MWs who would've been a good fight vs Rich. I still think he was easily 1 of the best MWs of his era, granted it was kind of weak division at the time though. Good dude too

Dude, you just dont what you're talking about.

Filho was short but stocky, He has fought at LHW and, especially when he was roiding, walked around heavier than Okami who is not really a big MW and as a matter of fact has fought at WW almost half of his career. Yet anoter typical shertard trait, this meme of Okami huge MW lol

When all your "point" revolves around Filho being short what can I tell you. Filho was a more powerful and capable grappler than other MWs who have given problems to Rich with their grappling, 6 foot or not lol what a shitty argument is that dude

Of course Franklin could outstrike him, but is far from a missmatch as you are making it out to be.
Dude you really need to stop putting words in other peoples mouths. First you said that I said Filho sucks, now you're saying I said something about Okami being a huge middleweight. You're clearly a fucking retard and can't back up your argument with anything but nostalgia so you just make shit up in your head. You seem to have some serious 'pride never die' rose colored glasses hero worship honey-dicked point of view. Paulo Filho dominated nobodies, but you think he was a world beater because he was in the non-UFC orgs. Next thing you know you're gonna start bringing out that old pride nuthugger thread from years ago about how Igor Vovchanchyn destroys any UFC LHW/HW lmao.

Back