How is no one talking about the real issue with Aldo's injury?!

Panacci

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Everyone seems to mention that either he should pull out, or just "suck it up" and deal with it. I hear a lot of "it's not broken" so it's not a big deal, Anderson fought with a bruised rib, etc etc.

If you're a Connor fan, then you most likely see him as THE most dangerous threat to Aldo. So isn't it ridiculous for people to think Aldo can just take several days off of training, exercising and doing anything for his preparation for the fight, 15 days before the actual fight? How can we expect an athlete at the highest level to peak, cut weight, perform and be at his best when he can't even shadow box or exercise normally weeks out of a fight?

Sure, if this happened the day before and it was just an issue of dealing with pain, then maybe I can understand people saying to suck it up. Maybe adrenaline would carry you through. But throwing out your entire 2 week pre fight preparation and normal weight cutting is ridiculous.

I want to see Aldo fight, but I think it's a terrible decision, especially since he already has a difficult weight cut. Everyday he spends not in his normal pre-fight routine cripples his chances of winning.

I'm just blown away by how little people comprehend how getting injured before a fight has a ripple effect on your entire effectiveness.

Even if he is feeing better by fight date, it doesn't mean he can cut weight. Also is known to cut a lot of weight so I'm pretty sure that if he's unable to train for even just a couple days this close to the fight- it might end up mailing his weight cut impossible

I've had broken ribs and can tell you there is no fucking way you're training with those badboys. I couldn't comfortably take a full breath of air much less run sprints or workout effectively. Aldo is cool for hanging in but this has got the makings of a shit show.

Cain had torn ACL, i had mine torn too from wrestling.

Anderson Silva broke his leg, i had mine broken from a pro muay thai fight.

Aldo got broken ribs, i had broken ribs from playing rugby.

Tito had cracked skull, i cracked mine too.

Welcome to sherdog, sherbros knows whats up.

Theres a lot we dont know. His coach says they are taking it day by day and will see how things go. Aldo has run this game for almost a decade, i think he knows what hes doing.

Who knows, he could be planning to retire after one last hurrah and huge payday. Or he could be not nearly as injured as they are claiming and this is all Gamesmenship. Or he wont even fight.

I also feel like this fight needs to not happen unless BOTH fighters can be as close to 100% as possible. I say it that way, because so many fighters say you're never at 100% during fight night. I still want to see Aldo (hopefully) decimate McGregor, but I would feel the same way if McGregor was injured. However, prepared to get bombed by McGregor fanboys calling "fake injury" or "Aldo is scared" or "McGregor called it out" kinda shit.

maybe this is just the ufc breaking the news slowly that fight is off and Mendes is in.

He didnt break his ribs. Nobody is 100% , everybody is banged up from training. He'll be fine.

This thread sounds like an Aldo excuse train almost ready to roll. Hop aboard!

At this point the UFC is just in damage control and are trying to drag this:eek:ne for as long as they can, but in all likelihood they already know whether the fight will take place or not

maybe this is just the ufc breaking the news slowly that fight is off and Mendes is in.

This is very possible. They've already floated the possibility of a replacement. At this point, nobody can really bitch about it too much because the UFC already "warned" us.

This is very possible. They've already floated the possibility of a replacement. At this point, nobody can really bitch about it too much because the UFC already "warned" us.

?? I was pretty sure Mendes was confirmed 100% to be the replacement if Aldo has to pull out...

Cain had torn ACL, i had mine torn too from wrestling.

Anderson Silva broke his leg, i had mine broken from a pro muay thai fight.

Aldo got broken ribs, i had broken ribs from playing rugby.

Tito had cracked skull, i cracked mine too.

Welcome to sherdog, sherbros knows whats up.

Can I follow you around with a camera? We could probably make some money from Youtube videos. :icon_chee

Yep, and that's why it reads "possibility of" and not "possible".

I was referring to your use of the term "float". I took it as meaning like just "threw out the idea" (like a rumor), rather than confirming that the possibility is actually there.

I was referring to your use of the term "float". I took it as meaning like just "threw out the idea" (like a rumor), rather than confirming that the possibility is actually there.

Right on, buddy, sorry for the misunderstanding.

This fight isn't happening. If it is, it will probably be a let down.

In first year high school I twisted my ankle but still competed in the long jump competition for the junior classes and came in 4th place. If I can do it, Aldo can do it! Come on Jose

Contards see the injury as their best chance at success, sickening really.

Everyone seems to mention that either he should pull out, or just "suck it up" and deal with it. I hear a lot of "it's not broken" so it's not a big deal, Anderson fought with a bruised rib, etc etc.

Actually there's umpteen other threads discussing every aspect of this despite your thread titles' claim to uniqueness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back