How is this for a food plan?

rekyts

White Belt
Reaction score
So I'm currently sitting around 192-194 at 6feet and want to lose some fat. I was just taking inventory of what I eat every day and what changes I could make to drop a few lbs. Currently, this is a typical weekday:

6:30
pro shake with milk and 1tsp creatine, 1c plain oatmeal

9:30
1.5c milk, 1/2 cup granola, 250g greek yogurt with some berries

12:30
meat, rice, veg

3:00
1.5c milk, 1/3cup of mixed nuts, fruit (some melon usually)

5:00 (pre workout)
protein bar, banana

6:45 (post workout)
protein shake with milk, 1tsp creatine

7:15
chicken, salad, 1/2 avocado

1tbsp peanut butter with a swig of milk

Also, about 4L of water a day, green tea, 6fish oils, multi vit, 500g vit C.

That is pretty much every weekday for me, I work in an office 9-5 kinda thing. I run 3x a week + hill sprints and do weights 3-4x per week (circuit style now). Ive just finished recovering from a broken arm so I will be getting back into mma soon. My weight doesnt change unless I really make an effort to eat more (or less).
I want to lose a good 10 lbs without losing too much muscle cause I feel Ive already lost some muscle/strength cause of this broken arm.

So, I thought these changes would be a good place to start.
1- cut out all milk for 6-8 weeks (use water instead of milk in shakes) (minus 600 cals a day!)
2- reduce portion sizes (minus 200 cals)
3- cutout bedtime snack (minus 200 cals)
4- Eat better on weekends
5- Still have a good cheat meal or 2 during the week (friday morning bacon egg cheese mayo bagel mmmm)

New plan:
6:30
pro shake with water and 1tsp creatine, 1c plain oatmeal

green tea, 1/3 cup granola, 175g greek yogurt with some berries

12:30
meat, rice, veg

3:00
green tea, 1/3cup of mixed nuts, fruit (some melon usually)

5:00 (pre workout)
pro bar, banana

6:45 (post workout)
protein shake with water, 1tsp creatine

7:15
chicken, salad, 1/2 avocado

What are your thoughts on all this?

Id get rid of the oatmeal, granola and milk and maybe the fruit too

That is a lot of shakes and meals. Any reason in particular for the high number of shakes and meals?

Thanks for the feedback.

I tend to start the day with a shake and then have another in the evening PWO. I didnt find that to be too many... I could replace my morning shake / oatmeal with eggs and some veggies I guess but time is tight in the morning and I dunno if I would keep it up.

In a typical week my meat consumption is like 70% chicken/30% beef . I should up my beef? Some weeks I'll have more beef than chicken now that I think about it; like since saturday Ive had 2 big rib steaks, 3 sausages, 2x angus stir fry and no chicken!

During the day its tough to eat more meat since Im at a desk all day (thats why the granola meal and nuts work well for me).

Thanks for the feedback.

I tend to start the day with a shake and then have another in the evening PWO. I didnt find that to be too many... 1. I could replace my morning shake / oatmeal with eggs and some veggies I guess but time is tight in the morning and I dunno if I would keep it up.

2. In a typical week my meat consumption is like 70% chicken/30% beef . I should up my beef? Some weeks I'll have more beef than chicken now that I think about it; like since saturday Ive had 2 big rib steaks, 3 sausages, 2x angus stir fry and no chicken!

During the day its tough to eat more meat since Im at a desk all day (thats why the granola meal 3. and nuts work well for me).

1. Don't do this. The shake is fine in the morning.
2. Pork. Bison. Venison. Fish. Duck. Eat meat. Eat more than just cow and fucking
bird.
3. Nuts are fine by themselves.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tend to start the day with a shake and then have another in the evening PWO. I didnt find that to be too many... I could replace my morning shake / oatmeal with eggs and some veggies I guess but time is tight in the morning and I dunno if I would keep it up.

In a typical week my meat consumption is like 70% chicken/30% beef . I should up my beef? Some weeks I'll have more beef than chicken now that I think about it; like since saturday Ive had 2 big rib steaks, 3 sausages, 2x angus stir fry and no chicken!

During the day its tough to eat more meat since Im at a desk all day (thats why the granola meal and nuts work well for me).

Scrambling some eggs+cheese in coconut oil or ghee should take under 10 minutes shell to plate once you set yourself up for these tasks. Toss some salsa on there and wham, great breakfast (hell, great any time). You can find less than 10 minutes to do stuff like this.

There are many cuts that have more or less fat than others. Chicken breast vs thigh, beef sirloin vs delmonico, as examples.

It's not hard to eat more meat because you sit at a desk... Prepare your food ahead of time and bring it with you.

You do have the time to do this, it just takes some planning. Once you start, you get more efficient at food prep tasks and the time reduces.

Good points! Ive never been a fan of any seafood but I will try to get some other meats and other cuts of familiar meats throughout the week.
I found a nice omelette recipe that Im going to give a try and I'll also try to mix up my meals a bit so that Im not always having the same thing. Some mornings I'll do eggs/bacon, others I'll have a smoothie with whey etc...

Heres the recipe if anyone is interested, sounded good to me - pretty simple:

Ingredients

1 (1/2-ounce) breakfast slice country ham
3 eggs
Pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped green onions, plus extra for garnish
2 tablespoons shredded mild Cheddar

Directions

Heat county ham in a small skillet over medium heat just until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, dice into small pieces, and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne, and heavy cream until well blended and frothy.

In an 8-inch, nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and stir lightly until just set on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the ham and green onions across the omelet, and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, shaking the pan to loosen the eggs around the edges.

When the eggs are nearly completely set but still slightly soft, sprinkle the cheese over the top of the omelet. Hold the pan in 1 hand, and with a flick of the wrist, flip, and fold 1 1/3 of the omelet toward the center. Turn out onto a plate, folding the omelet onto itself into thirds. Garnish with additional chopped green onions if desired and serve immediately.

Get rid of the rice, milk and banana - sugar overload. Replace with more avocado or nuts/artichokes/fibrous greens.

More meat, less whey.

Get rid of the rice, milk and banana - sugar overload. Replace with more avocado or nuts/artichokes/fibrous greens.

There is no reason to get rid of fruit or milk, at least not yet. I would agree with getting rid of the rice, however. I personally would drastically lower my grain intake, but I have already said that soooo...

There is no reason to get rid of fruit or milk, at least not yet. I would agree with getting rid of the rice, however. I personally would drastically lower my grain intake, but I have already said that soooo...

A typical banana has 17+ g of sugar, and 30+ carbs. It has virtually no nutritional value, with a small amount of vitamin C. It's essentially candy.

Milk is also loaded with sugar and I don't see why you would suggest consuming it for a CUT.

Everything going into the mouth should be: Why am I eating this? I don't see any reason to eat either of those things. Milk perhaps in moderation (although I personally wouldn't) but I see no reason for natural candies.

Should I apply all these changes right away or ease into it? I'll start by cutting milk and then reducing/replacing grains I guess and adding more fats...

Should I apply all these changes right away or ease into it? I'll start by cutting milk and then reducing/replacing grains I guess and adding more fats...

Just make a change, observe how it effects your body, keep it or discard it - then keep going.

Small, incremental, sustainable changes. Much as Nemi said, one at a time, see how it works, commit or revert, move on to the next one.

do you guys shop organic vegetables or do you not give a flying fuck about pesticides? just curious. I heard spinach carried over 50 different pesticide residues; that's some scary shit.

sucks too cause spinach is loaded w/ vitamin A and K.

Back