How is this for a food plan?

Wow, eating 8 times a day? There's no metabolic advantage to that type of eating pattern. It mainly just sounds like a huge inconvenience. Try 3 meals a day.

do you guys shop organic vegetables or do you not give a flying fuck about pesticides? just curious. I heard spinach carried over 50 different pesticide residues; that's some scary shit.

sucks too cause spinach is loaded w/ vitamin A and K.

The spinach I buy is frozen and organic. I could care less either way; I just don't feel like driving to another supermarket to spend $.50 less on the non-organic brand. There's no need to be worried if you can't afford organic food.

The spinach I buy is frozen and organic. I could care less either way; I just don't feel like driving to another supermarket to spend $.50 less on the non-organic brand. There's no need to be worried if you can't afford organic food.

maybe there is a need to be worried though. pesticide chemicals are fat soluble so you store them and they bio-accumulate. of course it may not effect you right away but if you have children you could pass it to them and increase the chances of developmental problems, cancers, or other bad stuff.

i don't know much though. of course there are fruits and vegetables that generally have less or none on them.

check this out (dirty dozen and clean 15):
Executive Summary | EWG's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides | Environmental Working Group | EWG.org

Should I apply all these changes right away or ease into it? I'll start by cutting milk and then reducing/replacing grains I guess and adding more fats...

Before you start eliminating foods for no reason. What are your maintenance calories and what are your calories and macros for you current diet?

Well in a typical day im getting ~2800-3000, not sure of the macros; I just aim to get 200g protein and try to balance carbs/fats. Reducing milk will cut out 500cals a day which is why I thought it would be a good place to start. And that will force me to get protein from other sources, which will in turn force me to eat a few less carbs.

I started this morning, made that omelette that I posted yesterday - took like 10mins and was pretty tasty! Im usually hungry by this time and today im not. AND I didnt even drink my greens+/oj drink (no OJ). I think I have a good gameplan... I hope so anyways

Wow, eating 8 times a day? There's no metabolic advantage to that type of eating pattern. It mainly just sounds like a huge inconvenience. Try 3 meals a day.

meeehhhhh. There is an advantage to eating 8 times a day in that it keeps your appetite under control better, but that's the only thing it's proven to do (iirc).

Really? 1c of OJ with Greens+ in the AM would be that bad?

"That bad" is a relative term, but... Think of it this way:

OJ is just high sugar water with trace vitamins/minerals (unless you squeeze it yourself)

Whereas milk (whole, if you're doing it right) is protein, sugar, and fat water with a vastly superior array of nutrients... I'd recommend unhomogenized and grass fed/pastured if you can get it, but thats a personal thing largely.

OP no need to become carbophobic I am about the same size as you are and when I cut I still consume around 300 grams of carbs a day and around 100 of those are sugar. As long as you are consuming an adequate amount of protein, fat, and are in a calorie deficit you will lose body fat.

OP no need to become carbophobic I am about the same size as you are and when I cut I still consume around 300 grams of carbs a day and around 100 of those are sugar. As long as you are consuming an adequate amount of protein, fat, and are in a consistent and significant calorie deficit you will lose body fat.

Clarified that for you, cause being 20kc short ain't gonna do shit.

Clarified that for you, cause being 20kc short ain't gonna do shit.

Okay to be more precise I will amend that to a 10-20% calorie deficit. I.e. for a person with a 3000 calorie maintenance should diet at a 300-600 calorie deficit.

maybe there is a need to be worried though. pesticide chemicals are fat soluble so you store them and they bio-accumulate. of course it may not effect you right away but if you have children you could pass it to them and increase the chances of developmental problems, cancers, or other bad stuff.

i don't know much though. of course there are fruits and vegetables that generally have less or none on them.

check this out (dirty dozen and clean 15):
Executive Summary | EWG's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides | Environmental Working Group | EWG.org

There is no evidence that they continue to accumulate in your body. People buy organic because going green puts a chubby in their chinos, not because organic foods are safer. There's evidence that they have a slightly better nutritional profile, but that often doesn't justify the exorbitant price of organic goods.

Okay to be more precise I will amend that to a 10-20% calorie deficit. I.e. for a person with a 3000 calorie maintenance should diet at a 300-600 calorie deficit.

I hate to get "grammar nazi" style on it, but you see some of the questions that pop up.

1. Don't do this. The shake is fine in the morning.

Just curious, why do you say don't do this (eggs in the morning)?

The reason I ask is because I eat 3 eggs each morning with my morning serving of Greens+ (which I have to mix with about 8 oz of OJ because I can't do it with water).

There is no evidence that they continue to accumulate in your body. People buy organic because going green puts a chubby in their chinos, not because organic foods are safer. There's evidence that they have a slightly better nutritional profile, but that often doesn't justify the exorbitant price of organic goods.

Okay that makes sense. pesticides can't be good for you though anyway can they? thanks.

Just curious, why do you say don't do this (eggs in the morning)?

The reason I ask is because I eat 3 eggs each morning with my morning serving of Greens+ (which I have to mix with about 8 oz of OJ because I can't do it with water).

I said not to change because he was looking for things to change. A protein shake in the morning is fine, especially if you're as crunched for time as I am in the AM.

Back