How long does it takes to learn a standing backflip? - UFC fighters doing standing backflip

First things first,

Can you backflip on a trampoline, or a diving board? The motion alone can be hard for someone to learn.

Then you gotta have enough lower body strength to jump high enough to complete the rotation standing. I always land on my knees:(

You’re born able to do it. When you begin to walk usually a month later you flip or you dont. And it Stays with you forever too. Until you become to fat and can’t get that leverage anymore.

I just got my degree in Fysiks

About 30 minutes. I learned it while skinny and can still do it now as a fat fuck with a bum knee. It's hardly a super athletic move.

Same. I got the basic rotation figured out when I was about 8 jumping on my parents bed. That winter we had a lot of snow and I made a big pile outside and started flipping into it. 34 now and can still throw a back tuck when I feel like it.

I used to be able to do gainers and running front flips and all kinds of other silly shit. Gave all that other stuff up a long time ago.

Under an hour. We did it in high school. Once you know what to do, you just have to do it correctly a few times and you'll pull it off with varying degrees of success. It may take a few days before you can do it perfect every time, but you wont land on your head trying, so its just practicing till your body does the same motion every time.
I agree with the others here though, if youre an adult, let that dream die, it can be very dangerous.

I find your advice pretty dangerous to be honest.

It’s much more dangerous to think if you don’t get it in a few days then you suck than to take a couple of months to learn.

A 7 year old might be able to do a backflip but if they started when they are five that’s still two years.

I find your advice pretty dangerous to be honest.

It’s much more dangerous to think if you don’t get it in a few days then you suck than to take a couple of months to learn.

A 7 year old might be able to do a backflip but if they started when they are five that’s still two years.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. It doesnt take years or months to learn how to catch a football or ride a bike, its muscle memory from doing it, same as flips. You learn what to do, practice it safely, and then your body just does it.
I learned on mats in the hs gym, practiced in few days on grass, from then on out I could do it on concrete or whatever. Not every time was perfect my body does the motion close enough that I wouldnt get hurt.
Clearly you never did it, so your opinion on this topic is worthless.

Where's the Petr Yan backflip and Justin Gaethje, no one does it better than Gaethje.

nLV8O3b.gif

Yeah, I know someone's going to find the one where he fell.

This is how Sage Northcutt flips

aLQjcei.gif

This is how Sherdoggers flip like Sage Northcutt

SizzlingEqualKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

Holly Holm with the assist...
78jL.gif

Scared to do this after watching a bodybuilder break his neck on video doing this.

But out of curiosity, which is easier front flip or back flip?

If you have a decent vertical, it's very straightforward. The caveat is I wouldn't recommend doing it in street clothes if they are even somewhat tight.

Scared to do this after watching a bodybuilder break his neck on video doing this.

But out of curiosity, which is easier front flip or back flip?

Backflip unless you're on a springboard.

Also, this is one of those times where it's good to be a manlet. It is much, much more difficult for taller guys to perform than a shorter person. This is true for most athletic gymnastics moves.

Back