How many guys on here actually train/have trained in martial arts?

Looking at how many guys bash top tier fighters skillwise and how big the difference is between how many people are on the UFC forum and the training forum: how many people actually have some experience in martial arts? Doesn’t even have to be competition.

I feel like anyone who has actually trained knows how difficult the stuff is and wouldn’t call guys like Cormier ‘f-level’ fighters

I'm not a chef but I know shit food when I eat one.

And who tf calls Cormier F-level?

I did kickboxing for about 4-5 years as a teenager, including several competitions (light and semi-contact only). I started BJJ in my early 20's and I liked, but I was very focused on work/university at that point and quit it rather soon.

I'm not a chef but I know shit food when I eat one.

And who tf calls Cormier F-level?
I know you can have remarks on things fighters do wrong, but i feel like everyone bashing fighters like Rockhold for getting ko’d by Bisping and stuff have never put some gloves on in their life.

Also this guy did in a thread where i said i noticed every champ is under 6’, and he said Cormier is only able to be champ is a sport with f-level athletes. I know he didn’t literally say Cormier is f-level, i misquoted that, but still. The man’s an olympic athlete for fucks sake

I had the bright idea to start Muay thai, Jiu jitsu and boxing at the same time, without proper deep abdominal muscles conditioning. Well, i fucked badly my lower back for 2 years, even got a nasty sciatica pain.
Nowadays, as i feel my body, both Jiu and Muay are absolutely forbidden for me: roundhouse kicks, breaking full guards (being benched) and doing triangle chokes are poisons for my herniated disks.
I do plan to come back to box (my passion) and maybe some krav maga though.

Wtf? You dudnt trane rite. You rilly need to fight to lern it good.

Haemophilia + no health insurance at that time means not taking unnecessary risks. I fight only when I HAVE to.

Wrestled most of my life and now I coach it. I've dabbled in jiu-jitsu, and some capoeira. Done some mma training and I've helped out with some of my friend's training camps who fight. Overall though, by the time I was done wrestling I just didn't have that competitive desire in me though to get into mma and stuff full-time. I understand how hard it is too train though or how legit a lot of these fighters are. That's why I have no desire to do it lol.

Looking at how many guys bash top tier fighters skillwise and how big the difference is between how many people are on the UFC forum and the training forum: how many people actually have some experience in martial arts? Doesn’t even have to be competition.

I feel like anyone who has actually trained knows how difficult the stuff is and wouldn’t call guys like Cormier ‘f-level’ fighters

throughout my life I've trained a few martial arts. (Judo, Karate, Krav Maga)...
But in early 2000, I joined a gym and trained something more geared towards MMA (Wrestling, jeet kune do and BJJ - as there was no "MMA" to train at that time)

I've helped some local fighters prepare for their fights at local circuit and I know how much it goes into it...and that is not even pro level.

But I doubt any person who trained for real would think that od DC.

I’m not 6’6 but have trained my entire life. I’ve fought 2 mma fights (went 2-0 and decided that was good for me) I’ve done Jiu Jitsu for about 16 years and compete 6-8 times yearly, except this year. Last year I competed 8 times, took 6 golds, got DQ once (for reaping the leg) and got screwed at worlds. I lost at worlds and the fight never hit the mats we stood up the entire match like idiots, no one scored a point and no one got an advantage yet I still lost, damn it. Sorry, still bitter.

Wrestled most of my life and now I coach it. I've dabbled in jiu-jitsu, and some capoeira. Done some mma training and I've helped out with some of my friend's training camps who fight. Overall though, by the time I was done wrestling I just didn't have that competitive desire in me though to get into mma and stuff full-time. I understand how hard it is too train though or how legit a lot of these fighters are. That's why I have no desire to do it lol.

My big regret is not wrestling, that’s my big weakness. My TD’s are decent but need improvement.

My big regret is not wrestling, that’s my big weakness. My TD’s are decent but need improvement.

Ya it just takes constant drilling and drilling and it will get there. Just sucks tho cause as you get older just gets harder and harder. Shoot I'm dealing with tendinitis right now, I wrestle for 5 minutes and then I'm crying for an hour after lol.

That wasn't an option where I lived. Judo is a good substitute or at least it used to be. We were taught to sprawl as well

No martial arts.. but I did box competitively for about five years.

And? Cool story.

My grandfather gave Bruce Lee karate lessons. No neec to explain my lineage any further.
Yeah, my grandfather told me that story. After he gave your grandfather the highest rank as a student of his, my grandfather retired from teaching anyone but me directly.

He spoke very highly of your grandfather, Woverinekills. And he said your grandmother was a fox.

Here's to shared history....

Back