How many here are addicted to alcohol?

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
Do we have any alcoholics here? Are things going well or is life bad right now?

I have a healthy relationship with alcohol

kinda. Not full on alcoholic, but I'm seeing its growing, and it takes alot more to get drunk anymore. Shit costs alot, I need to cut down. Spending $120 a week on booze only is bad for my finances, and I'm usually pretty on top when it comes to that

“If they don’t have that extreme addict personality, you can never understand how a guy can blow 300 or 400 million dollars. If I have to live at the top of the world, I also have to live at the bottom of the ocean. I don’t know how to live in the middle of life.” -Mike Tyson

That basically’s it for me.

I drink maybe once every two months, but when I do, I go full tilt. One drink is too much and fifteen drinks is not enough.

I'm an alcoholic but I havent had a drink in 7 years. Pretty easy that way.

I drink beer every night. Sometimes 2 sometimes 12. Whatever that makes me.

It amazes me how people can be alcoholics. In one night I can out-drink anyone I know, but for the week afterwards I hate even looking at anything alcohol. How do you not feel so run down and disgusting? And the horrible sleep quality etc. Really every time I drink I remember why I go so long in between indulging, and its because it does not make me feel good.

I think it must just be something with our different genetic makeup. I could never be an alcoholic. Downsides outweigh the perks way too much for me. Makes me feel gross instead of great.

It amazes me how people can be alcoholics. In one night I can out-drink anyone I know, but for the week afterwards I hate even looking at anything alcohol. How do you not feel so run down and disgusting? And the horrible sleep quality etc. Really every time I drink I remember why I go so long in between indulging, and its because it does not make me feel good.

I think it must just be something with our different genetic makeup. I could never be an alcoholic. Downsides outweigh the perks way too much for me. Makes me feel gross instead of great.
Dude, you sound exactly like an alcoholic.

Im a huge alcoholic.

Cant quit. Kinda sucks. I just try to keep it under control

I dont have to drink alot, but i drink daily. Pretty positive it will kill me

I certainly drink a lot more than I do when I was younger. My gf always wants to drink on weekends, so she’s my bad influence. We have fun together when we drink. I wouldn’t say I’m addicted because I’ve never actually craved alcohol. It doesn’t bother me at all to go without it. It’s not even something I think about. I feel like it’s fine to drink in moderation.

this forum actually made me realize I am not an alcoholic after reading the stories of the alcoholics here.

I want to say no..but I've been having a drink every night after work for the last month or so..so maybe?

I don't drink alcohol.

I stopped drinking about four months ago.

Each time I had a glass of wine at dinner or a beer watching TV, I'd be up at least twice that night having to take a piss.

Stopped drinking alcohol and stopped having coffee after noon. Now I can sleep the entire night.

Sleep > alcohol.

I want to say no..but I've been having a drink every night after work for the last month or so..so maybe?

A drink every night isn't bad. A lot of people do a glass of wine a night.

6 drinks a night every night is too much.

I stopped drinking about four months ago.

Each time I had a glass of wine at dinner or a beer watching TV, I'd be up at least twice that night having to take a piss.

Stopped drinking alcohol and stopped having coffee after noon. Now I can sleep the entire night.

Sleep > alcohol.

I never really drank alcohol. My parent was ultra-religious, so there was no booze or cigarette allowed. Having a Muslim gf also helped me to distance myself from those even further.

Last edited:
I thought I was completely hooked. I was getting hammered almost every night, slept only a couple of hours then zombied my way through work. This went on for at least a year or two. Then, for some reason, I was offered a promotion and I knew I wasn't going to be able to skate through that job in a constant hazed stupor. I suppose all I needed was the right circumstance and motivation because I was able to immediately drop it cold turkey. Not saying I'll never touch the stuff again, but I don't feel the need to make it a nightly ritual anymore.

It sneaks up on you quite easily

My problem is I'm very active and have a monstrous metabolism due to it, so I can eat pretty much whatever I want given it falls into my caloric range (3500) and I'm fine. So I got this idea that it's fine to drink and started cutting off some carbs and replacing it with booze. No biggie, just replace a few fruits with 3oz and its fine, then out of nowhere it starts digging more and then I kinda realized I dun goofed. I'm still in great shape, but its very bad long term and on my wallet

Back