How many LHWs could outstrike Rumble?

2016 Rumble sleeps any version of Vitor in the 1st round. Rumble was sick and dehydrated for that fight.

Plus his technique was shit back then, he improved it a lot under Hooft when he fought at 205.
Lol wow the revisionist history is strong in this one. Vitor is an all-time great, Rumble is an all-time "what if", prime Vitor dispatches any version of Rumble

People fall in love with the "skill level" of today's fighters, but in these fantasy matchups they apparently forget to factor in fighters from yesteryear having access to modern training if they're fighting a modern fighter

Lol wow the revisionist history is strong in this one. Vitor is an all-time great, Rumble is an all-time "what if", prime Vitor dispatches any version of Rumble

People fall in love with the "skill level" of today's fighters, but in these fantasy matchups they apparently forget to factor in fighters from yesteryear having access to modern training if they're fighting a modern fighter
Vitor is nothing but roids and tiny testicles

Even on roids, he gets rekd in 13 seconds by prime Rumble

Rumble smashes any of your nostalgia driven steroid-fuelled "legends"

He wrecks any of your PRIDE goons with one arm tied around his back, even though those guys were on the gear

Vitor is nothing but roids and tiny testicles

Even on roids, he gets rekd in 13 seconds by prime Rumble

Rumble smashes any of your nostalgia driven steroid-fuelled "legends"

He wrecks any of your PRIDE goons with one arm tied around his back, even though those guys were on the gear
Okay

Shogun could drag him into deep water, strong clinch work, iron chin, gas tank. Unfortunately when Shogun was at that level of ability Rumble wasn't even getting tapped by Koscheck yet. Beyond that on the feet Rumble is too much, him, Carwin, Manhoef. 3 guys that have the ability to finish anyone at any class at anytime.

If the UFC had a boxing tournament at LHW, it would come down to Rumble, Saki and Volkan.

I think Rumble has the power to knock anyone out with one shot, I don't think he has the mental game though, he doesn't quite have the intellect to fully utilize his physical ability.

Polish Punisher said:
LOL at Anderson, Rumble would run right through his strikes and KO him faster than Weidman did.
So Bumble got wrecked by Koscheck, but would destroy Anderson?

333.gif

Personally to me it's not about outstriking Rumble. I don't think any LHW in history outside maybe Igor Vovchanchyn can go punch for with Rumble and realistically have a chance at winning.

The way to beat LHW Rumble is to survive until he slows down.

I don't even think young Shogun with 2 knees could beat him without employing a solid gameplan thanks incorporated some grappling.

He would KO everyone except Jones in the first round

I can respect the others for their time of course, but the elite LHW of today would all smash those guys.
There's nothing to say that in the first round Rumble can't knock out Jones. I don't think Jones can absorb punches like DC can.

The MMA community was robbed of that fight. Jones just couldn't pay attention to the road. Damn it.

MW TRT Belfort already did.
Horrible stand up in that fight. Rumble got screwed.

Besides TRT Vitor is God incarnate when he wanted to cage fight. It's perfectly fine to lose to him.

Depends.
On some days he can beat AA on other he can be outstruck and finished by Vitor or even koscheck

You guys claiming Gus are crazy -Rumble flat out raped the man in his own home in front of his own family. I was pulling for Rumble but damn that was a case of such one sided brutality even Rumble wanted to cry for the guy. Soul took. No chance.

Prime Shogun
Prime Chuck liddell
Prime Anderson silva
Israel adesanya moving up

Cant think of anyone else. Saki is too young in mma terms. And prime rampage was a better boxer. But his kick and clinch defense would give him problems.

People here have a serious lack of respect for LHW Rumble's accomplishments. The guy got beat down by DC and absolutely demolished everyone else in his path. Despite how good the 1st DC fight was, we all got robbed of perhaps the greatest fight we never saw in Rumble vs Jones.

And the 2nd DC loss he employed an inexplicably awful game plan. Even his coaches wondered wtf he was doing.

If 2016 Rumble was loose in the Pride ring circa 2005 this forum would worship him as a demi-god.

Depends.
On some days he can beat AA on other he can be outstruck and finished by Vitor or even koscheck

The person who lost to Vitor & Koscheck and the one who beat AA are as different as the Fedors (even more different I would argue) who beat Cro Cop but got KTFO by Meathead

I would have liked to see Volkan and rumble go at it, but I believe they are friends and were training partners

Outstrike? That is a loaded question. There are better strikers. But does that equal out striking Rumble. Likely not. Plus Rumble has a hell of an under rated chin.

Vitor, machida if his chin held up, Liddell, possibly shogun. A lot of guys could potentially outstrike him but they might get koed later

Back