How many miles do elite fighters run?

There are some who dont run. There are others like tito or the diaz brothers who probablu put in 50km a week at the high point of camps.
Can your knees and feet and low back handle it? If so, tailor your running to suit your goal or use another modality.

There are some who dont run. There are others like tito or the diaz brothers who probablu put in 50km a week at the high point of camps.
Can your knees and feet and low back handle it? If so, tailor your running to suit your goal or use another modality.

I've read speculation that this is one of the issues with Conor's cardio. Since his knee injury, he hasn't been able to put in any road work, so he has to do other things for cardio that aren't quite as effective. I'm not exactly sure why other forms of cardiovascular exercise wouldn't produce the same overall effect. It's been a long time since I studied any exercise physiology.

I've read speculation that this is one of the issues with Conor's cardio. Since his knee injury, he hasn't been able to put in any road work, so he has to do other things for cardio that aren't quite as effective. I'm not exactly sure why other forms of cardiovascular exercise wouldn't produce the same overall effect. It's been a long time since I studied any exercise physiology.

When running you're carrying your entire weight. Cycling/swimming etc don't generally produce the same alterations in VO2 or anaerobic output for similar reasons. I've never found his conditioning to be great anyway, he could try BW circuits at varied paces, KB swings, more pad work etc. Keep a HR monitor and stay in certain zones,at least then he would be carrying his weight.

When running you're carrying your entire weight.

This was the only significant difference I could think of, but I wasn’t sure what its impact on performance would be.

Thanks for chiming in!

Back