How many PPV buys does Conor/Chandler do?

low. no one cares about mcgregor anymore. his losses are much more recent and memorable than his wins.

inactivity doesn't help either. jake paul v. tyson does more ppvs than mcgregor v. chandler
no Conor fight has done below 1mil buys since he’s been the main event

PPV #s seem to be lower these days. I'll say 700k due to that, and Conor not being quite the draw he once was.
Where is the evidence he’s not the the same draw? His last fight was 1.5. Everytime he loses y’all say this then he sells a million PPVs and is the most trending topic

Very true -- the price hikes have really put a dent on the industry. They should've capped it at $60.
I'm pretty sure that is when I stopped buying on general principle.

I bought everything from around 2007- Anderson vs Weidman 2 I think, which ever of their fights was the price hike that they said was "one time only" and I smelled that bullshit from New Jersey.

Now it is time for other young assholes to carry the torch. I paid a decent amount of money to support the sport in those years, while I was young, making good $$ and didn't have large expenses yet for my kids.

What is it fucking 84.99 now plus 7.99 espn+ ? Fuck that shit.

I think it will do very well. Both guys are exciting and put it on the line, what's not to like? PLUS, if McG wins, I wouldn't doubt that he would be in Dana's title picture. To quote Spinal Tap, " Money talks, bullshit walks!"

i think it will be low. we will never know the true numbers though.

my tinfoil hat theory is that if islam wins and ppv projections for 303 dont look good. then conor walks. Islam doesn't care about money and would likely refuse the fight saying conor doesn't deserve it.

if dustin wins and ppv numbers are in line for 1M... then conor takes the fight.

1.3 to 1.5 million

History shows us pretty much any Conor PPV does at least a million and he just got done with his movie. People have been talking about this fight for like 2 years now. Yeah it's going to sell. People need to understand once you become such a mega star it doesn't matter how well your recent performances have been.

800k, im not sure casuals are going to care for a guy we have not seen win a fight in years and its probably loosing again and probably now retire for good.

I'm pretty sure that is when I stopped buying on general principle.

I bought everything from around 2007- Anderson vs Weidman 2 I think, which ever of their fights was the price hike that they said was "one time only" and I smelled that bullshit from New Jersey.

Now it is time for other young assholes to carry the torch. I paid a decent amount of money to support the sport in those years, while I was young, making good $$ and didn't have large expenses yet for my kids.

What is it fucking 84.99 now plus 7.99 espn+ ? Fuck that shit.
Agreed -- I paid a lot of money too and didn't even get refunded when the stream got fucked up during a card. It's not hard to support fighters in other ways that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Agreed -- I paid a lot of money too and didn't even get refunded when the stream got fucked up during a card. It's not hard to support fighters in other ways that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
If they charged what their product was worth I would buy it from them.

They don't.

They have about a $30 product that they sell for $85.

I'm a simple guy. I grasp basic economics.

If you want to charge me 3x what something is worth I'll just buy it somewhere else for the appropriate price or not buy it.

I remember buying UFC PPVs for $40 or so. Maybe it was 49, maybe 39.99. I think the first price when i was buying was $40/SD $50/HD.

Then maybe 3 years later it was $65.

Ok. I'm out. {<shrug}

I reckon around 850k .. give or take a little. I do think there will be so many casuals and borderline fans who will buy it because of his long awaited return and also the movie. Also UFC need to promote it very well and put a lot of effort into it. They just don't put enough effort and time into PPV events like they used too.

It would probably do double that number 5 years ago, but these days its just not as popular as there are very little stars and big time fights (remember we are talking about people who don't watch it all the time like us). The PPV price increase doesn't help either, and the fact you have to have an ESPN+ sub, its so much money.

low. no one cares about mcgregor anymore. his losses are much more recent and memorable than his wins.

inactivity doesn't help either. jake paul v. tyson does more ppvs than mcgregor v. chandler
I think it will do a little more than 300k but it's not going to be a record smasher (IMO).

I agree that people, outside of his fanboys, have moved on.

If they charged what their product was worth I would buy it from them.

They don't.

They have about a $30 product that they sell for $85.

I'm a simple guy. I grasp basic economics.

If you want to charge me 3x what something is worth I'll just buy it somewhere else for the appropriate price or not buy it.

I remember buying UFC PPVs for $40 or so. Maybe it was 49, maybe 39.99. I think the first price when i was buying was $40/SD $50/HD.

Then maybe 3 years later it was $65.

Ok. I'm out. {<shrug}
Oh Jeff don't get me started on the disgusting and absurd price of UFC PPV.

I think we all said at the time that upping the cost to $80 per PPV was going to hurt them, and it has!, the price is absurd and ridiculous, its way too expensive.. because you have to remember UFC does a PPV every single month, its not like a one-off $80 and thats it. $80 if you keep spending it adds up and adds up and adds up and before you know it you have spent tons of money. You also have to have an ESPN+ Sub.. so the price of that also!!!!. The price does not reflect a lot of the cards, I'm sorry I love MMA and you know I do.. but the price is not right, especially when people have lost their jobs because of Covid and so many people are struggling these days.

I remember I brought UFC 40 for $24.95 and they had 5% off if you booked before the day of the PPV.. so 5% off 24.95 ($23.70)

UFC 40 was brilliant, well worth the money and great event, the prelims were like the main cards of todays PPVs (if not better). They put so much effort into the show, the way it was all set up, the lighting, the promos, the interviews, everything.

The price is way too much now, I get that everything goes up, no problem, I understand that, however going from $23.70 too $80 (plus also the ESPN+ Sub price) is outrageous. I can't justify it

1.3M - 1.5M..

His last fight was his second biggest selling UFC ppv. Dustin/Conor lll sold 1.8M ppv. It was 3 years ago, but his fans are as rabid, and delusional as always.

Nobody can take that left.. blah, blah, blah..

I’m just glad Chandler is getting the fight he deserves. The fight that was promised to him about a year ago, before TUF.

I don't know or care what "PPV buys" means anymore, but it's going to be a huge draw. Even if it were just Conor's return and MMA fans buying, the intrigue is still there. But then he just co-starred in this big movie with Jake Gyllenhaal which put a whole bunch of fresh, casual eyeballs on his ass. The timing is actually pretty good for the UFC, considering. And come on. People either want to see the Connie comeback or watch him get slaughtered. It's gonna sell, no doubt about it.

BTW has anyone watched the new roadhouse movie?
Yes.

The original is much better. The CGI used for fight scenes is atrocious. And I never need to see Conor’s bare ass again, alright. And was Conor speaking with an accent, other than his own? Or did they dub over his usual clown voice? It’s bizarre, imo.

But I had to watch it, just so my opinion is based on reality. Not the opinion of others. It’s like a fight. You can’t judge it if you didn’t see it.

Been ages since Conroy McGillicutty fought but people STILL want to see him!

I know I will tune in!

Many are curious how he will perform after the roided hollywood-phase as well.

Doesn't matter if he throws dolleys through buswindows, hits old blokes in pubs or plays bad guys in movies, he is still a huge draw.

Doesn't matter if it's Diaz, Poirier, Khabib, Chandler, Mel Tormé, BoxerMaurits etc people will watch due to Concord McGorgar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back