Law How Many Sherdogs CCW

Do you concealed carry

• Total voters
good autos should jam basically never.

I clean my glock 43 so meticulously my Marine and Navy friends say good job to me, and if I go to the range and fire 150 rounds of 9mm, I'll get one or two jams every time. I do not believe they are due to me limp wristing it. I find them inexplicable. It could be the shit range ammo, but I am not big on firing hundreds of rounds of expensive self defense ammo to find out.

The proof to me is that in all the CCW and tacticool firearms classes, they always make a big fucking deal about clearing malfunctions in autoloaders. But by my understanding, if you have time to clear a malfunction, it was a crime to draw the firearm in the first place.

I clean my glock 43 so meticulously my Marine and Navy friends say good job to me, and if I go to the range and fire 150 rounds of 9mm, I'll get one or two jams every time.

wat

get rid of it and get a new glock/notaglock. if that also has failures, it's you.

also, stop cleaning it so much. it's a glock. it just needs a boresnake and 6 drops of oil.

I clean my glock 43 so meticulously my Marine and Navy friends say good job to me, and if I go to the range and fire 150 rounds of 9mm, I'll get one or two jams every time. I do not believe they are due to me limp wristing it. I find them inexplicable. It could be the shit range ammo, but I am not big on firing hundreds of rounds of expensive self defense ammo to find out.

The proof to me is that in all the CCW and tacticool firearms classes, they always make a big fucking deal about clearing malfunctions in autoloaders. But by my understanding, if you have time to clear a malfunction, it was a crime to draw the firearm in the first place.

What type of malfunction?

I'm not sure what you mean but clearing and not a legal shoot. You lean to clear a malfunction to get yourself back in the fight and stop being a passive target .

You're either using bad ammo or there's something wrong with your Glock.

You're either using bad ammo or there's something wrong with your Glock.

Could be. Who knows. What I do know is that I don't have that issue with revolvers so I was able to change it into a non-issue. I'm not going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars figuring it out.

wat

get rid of it and get a new glock/notaglock. if that also has failures, it's you.

also, stop cleaning it so much. it's a glock. it just needs a boresnake and 6 drops of oil.

I'm at the range and around shooters a lot. Internet people say stuff like you but at actual training events, I just tap and rack to clear the malfunction and literally no one ever has thought there was anything weird about it. I simply don't like the fact that I could need to do that.

What I do know is that I don't have that issue with revolvers so I was able to change it into a non-issue. I'm not going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars figuring it out.

I'm at the range and around shooters a lot. Internet people say stuff like you but at actual training events, I just tap and rack to clear the malfunction and literally no one ever has thought there was anything weird about it. I simply don't like the fact that I could need to do that.

congrats at spectacularly missing the points.

<{cruzshake}>

Could be. Who knows. What I do know is that I don't have that issue with revolvers so I was able to change it into a non-issue. I'm not going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars figuring it out.
Sounds like limp wristing.

<Fedor23>

if I go to the range and fire 150 rounds of 9mm, I'll get one or two jams every time

There is something manufacturedly wrong with your gun if that is happening

Or yeah My Spot could be right and it's limp wristing (such a bad name for a legit issue). Do you happen to be a rifle shooter where staying super relaxed through the trigger squeeze is necessary so there's 0 barrell movement 20+ inches away? I do know competitive rifle shooters and bow hunters who have had issues with riding with the recoil too much with a handgun, as that's the type of thing they're used to, and the gun smoke stacks on them.

To echo others, a good semi auto won't jam/malfunction. I've never had an issue with my S&Ws or Springfield.

To echo others, a good semi auto won't jam/malfunction. I've never had an issue with my S&Ws or Springfield.

Ive taken classes and no one thinks I'm limp wristing.

It actually doesn't matter to me why it is happening. If it happens one in 100 times, it is too much to be reliable and too little to train off when no one can see it happening and I don't feel it happening. The fact that I am fast at clearing it doesn't mean anything to me because it shouldn't happen. Sooo... revolvers are more to my taste.

It actually doesn't matter to me why it is happening. If it happens one in 100 times, it is too much to be reliable and too little to train off when no one can see it happening and I don't feel it happening. The fact that I am fast at clearing it doesn't mean anything to me because it shouldn't happen. Sooo... revolvers are more to my taste.

ffs, man.

<LikeReally5>

I've got one I love. Ruger 357mag, 2 1/2" stainless. I still carry it some but it gets heavy and you have to wear more to cover it and the speed loaders.

Like mine but I have packmire grips.

fa_psl_security-six_p03.jpg

Like this.

400px-RugerSecuritySixSnub.jpg

Rarely, but I have run into two factory Glock mags that gave me issues. Two came with my 17. They had some mung in them from manufacturing. They ran fine after cleaning them. It's a good idea to mark your mags, too. That way, you can narrow down the problematic ones.

I'm clueless when it comes to guns. Can anyone explain how carrying has changed them? Like, if you get used to carrying, do you feel unsafe when you don't? Unsafe in a way that you didn't think about before you started carrying?

I imagine it's like anything else. It adds a new level of safety in your day to day life and going back to not having it would likely feel strange.

I have concealed carry in Illinois. About 20-30 other states also recognize the permit. I don't carry often.

I'm clueless when it comes to guns. Can anyone explain how carrying has changed them? Like, if you get used to carrying, do you feel unsafe when you don't? Unsafe in a way that you didn't think about before you started carrying?

I imagine it's like anything else. It adds a new level of safety in your day to day life and going back to not having it would likely feel strange.

Yea after you carry for a while to not have it on feels strange. I don't feel I'm 100 percent prepared to deal with the day if I don't have it on me. Inhaler keys wallet cash gun knife phone sunglasses. My never leave home without kit . I feel strange off and unprepared if I am missing any items on that list.

I don’t need a permit to conceal carry in my state, but I don’t carry on me. I usually have a rifle in a truck, though. But it’s not for protection.
The crime rate where I live is basically zero. There’s never been a murder in my county.

Not usually, no. My wife does, and I have a permit to, but I keep my guns at home for the most part. I do have a hunting knife on me or in the car, which comes in handy for more stuff than just defense.
You ever try opening a box with a gun? Not very effective.

Back