Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Over 10

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters
Zero. Once I realized nobody really cares about me or values me it became..... easer to be alone.
Any tips on how to be content or satisfied with being alone?

I get that thought a lot, like nobody cares and stuff. Sometimes it doesn't bother me other times those thoughts eat me alive

Any tips on how to be content or satisfied with being alone?

I get that thought a lot, like nobody cares and stuff. Sometimes it doesn't bother me other times those thoughts eat me alive
Oh I wouldn't say I'm content lol. More like... mostly sane. Friends, family, wives, over the last decade I've lost them ALL and now I am truly alone. Just me and my cat. To be totally honest with you I'd say I have "partitioned" my mind. A concept I read about in a fantasy novel many years ago.

Day to day, I get by but only a tiny fraction of me is really there. Most of me is in some sort of hibernation, watching at a safe distance. Because if I were to allow myself to become fully "aware" of my surroundings, I'd probably just walk onto the freeway.

<NotListening>

Only two.

It's the price one pays for moving all around. Hard to maintain genuine relationships. Always on the outside of that circle of friends you meet in that new town. Maybe not that way for everyone who moves around a lot, but to most, it is the way of things. Like the adult equivalent of being in a military family.

Oh I wouldn't say I'm content lol. More like... mostly sane. Friends, family, wives, over the last decade I've lost them ALL and now I am truly alone. Just me and my cat. To be totally honest with you I'd say I have "partitioned" my mind. A concept I read about in a fantasy novel many years ago.

Day to day, I get by but only a tiny fraction of me is really there. Most of me is in some sort of hibernation, watching at a safe distance. Because if I were to allow myself to become fully "aware" of my surroundings, I'd probably just walk onto the freeway.

<NotListening>
Sorry to hear you lost all your friends, families etc. I am glad you found a way to partition your mind or at least not become fully aware of your surroundings. I really hope you find some good friends, wives etc (if thats what you want), or just continuing to be able to deal the situation you are in.
I guess i will look up some of this concept, it sure does sound interesting and helpful.
I get that feeling too, sometimes being fully aware of my situation and overthinking too much it can be very painful. For me personally I have tried more distractions and stuff, e.g. watching a movie, forcing myself to workout, reading, playing chess, watching MMA even going on Sherdog. The less i dwell on the unpleasant thoughts of loneliness the better. Gotta try keep my mind occupied for as long as i can but even then i still revert to old negative though patterns

Only two.

It's the price one pays for moving all around. Hard to maintain genuine relationships. Always on the outside of that circle of friends you meet in that new town. Maybe not that way for everyone who moves around a lot, but to most, it is the way of things. Like the adult equivalent of being in a military family.
Yeah losing friend due to moving around sucks. I miss the days of high school when i had a good group of friends that live near eachother and we see eachother every day/ After that, lost literally 80 percent of my friends, everyone went to their own different universities, colleges, some moved cities and even countries. I can count at least 10 people who i used to talk on a regular basis, that i have not spoken to since high school finished over a decade ago. Pretty sad when i think about it

Yeah losing friend due to moving around sucks. I miss the days of high school when i had a good group of friends that live near eachother and we see eachother every day/ After that, lost literally 80 percent of my friends, everyone went to their own different universities, colleges, some moved cities and even countries. I can count at least 10 people who i used to talk on a regular basis, that i have not spoken to since high school finished over a decade ago. Pretty sad when i think about it
Well, it is life for many of us. You get used to it. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it too. Especially the late teens/early 20's, where we would hang out in very large groups, and we all felt like we would be hanging out on the weekends for the rest of our lives.... Time is a thief.

Do you have any friends you see like once every week or few weeks?
I had that with my most recent band. It started in 2009 and played together up until I hurt my shoulder last winter.

I've known the drummer since first grade, others since hs/middle school.

I'm probably going to go in a different direction when I am recovered from shoulder surgery though.

I dont know,I feel its shitty to try and count them. If you have one,thats all you need.

I have a few that I really trust to have my back.

I reckon I have about 10, I’ve been lucky to maintain some friendships from when I was a little kid, plus made some more along the way.

I think this is more common in guys than women, they seem to struggle to hang onto mates. I think guys will tolerate more from their mates, women are more than happy to end a friendship if their mate does something they don’t like.

2 true friends ATM. I have some old friends who I trust and that I could probably call at any time for help, but we've since grown apart due to a variety of factors (career, children, location, interests, etc.). Adding them would make it 5.

I'm quite slow to trust people and lose trust pretty quickly. Not necessarily a trait which promotes social prosperity but that's the hand I was dealt lol. Cautiously working on this. Bad friends caused a significant slowing of my progress as a person, but the ones who are close more than made up for this later in life, so I know how valuable even 1 good friend can be.

3 is ideal imo. Once it gets more than that it gets too hard to keep up with them all

That's the thing, with 3 its a perfect number for me because if its 2, its fine if they don't know each other but if we are in the same circle and the two friends are butting heads or are looking for me to take side or what have you, the 3rd friend can offer a reinforcement of impartiality. While with two friends, it can create a dynamic of who is the best friend?

It gets messy but I mean it can work but I usually prefer 3 people if we all know each other.

Yeah story of my life too. I think it happens to most of us as we get older

Also very sad to see so many people with 0 selected. Hope you guys find some good friends soon
Indeed it does.

I’m moving out from a relationship of almost 13 years. Moving sucks, and we all know it. When asking your “closest” peeps for assistance, you really see how many close friends you actually have lol. 0 close friends makes me shudder, and I feel for those who’s answer was a truly a zero.

Back