How many wins is Gus away from a third and final shot at Jones?

Will Gus and Jones complete the trilogy?

• Total voters

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think if he finishes with 4 top 10LHW’s he could get a third and final chance at Jones. Corey Anderson in March is a nice start. With the landscape of LHW being pretty much equal for the top 10 maybe even15 ( everyone has wins over each other) And Jones wanting to compete 3x a year we could get Jones Gus 3 in 2020/2021.

Nah, first fight was a great fight that definitely merited a rematch. However the rematch was one sided enough that i have no interest in a trilogy bout.

Gus looked shot. I don't think he has the fire anymore.

Besides, why would he want to fight a guy officially on Turinabol yet again?

He will never fight Jon Jones again, after being completely dominated and outclassed in every possible way I don't see how this fight can get booked, he is not getting any younger and won't get any better specially considering how little he fights, Jon in the other hand is still getting better and better every second that pass.

Well, if Gus beats Corey, there goes the hindsight narrative that Gus was "done" already prior to the Jones fight, and was only in it for a payday.

That would make Jones' win even more impressive, which would make a third fight vs Jones even more pointless.

All Gus has to do to earn a title shot is get knocked out in his next fight like how he earned it before

There won't be a rubber match.

What trilogy ?
He got smoked in the rematch and couldn't show any offense. He got absolutely outclassed...

Since Jones has a free pass to juice for the next seven years, we will never see that fight and I don't think anyone wants to see that fight.

Gus should just wait until Jones tests positive for new peds or does something illegal. DC will retire soon. So he is going to become the champ.

Quickest route for Gus would be to beat DC at HW and call Jones a coward for not bumping up. Isn't that how it works when Jones is 2-0 against you at LHW?

I say he never gets another chance unless he can perform 20 strict pushups.

...in a row.

he needs like 5-6 wins in the next 2 years which is not gonna happen

I personally felt that in the first fight Gus fought his best ever match and Jones underperformed, it wasn't a close battle of equal talents, it was overperformance vs underperformance
the second fight - to me - proved it

he had his bite of the cherry, it would really only serve to highlight the appalling state of the division if he got another shot. he is a good fighter but doesn't have what it takes to win the belt

He will never fight Jon Jones again, after being completely dominated and outclassed in every possible way I don't see how this fight can get booked, he is not getting any younger and won't get any better specially considering how little he fights, Jon in the other hand is still getting better and better every second that pass.

Jesus Gobbling Christ....

But are you are correct, inasmuch as he probably won't fight JJ again.

Back